Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 12:27 PM

3 posts, read 15,796 times

Advertisements

Does anybody have any info about this community in Madison NH? I know that the taxes are high, even by NH standards. I like the fact that the ponds do not allow motorboats. Would love to hear from people who have lived or rented in this community. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM

4 posts, read 18,613 times
Default Eidelweiss - To Buy or Not to Buy - That is the Question

Hello!

I, too, am considering the Eidelweiss area to build a small vacation cottage.

Anyone out there have any info on the area?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:52 PM

26,372 posts, read 46,204,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveOutaHere View Post
Hello!

I, too, am considering the Eidelweiss area to build a small vacation cottage.

Anyone out there have any info on the area?
Yes, that area is a "higher density" rural neighborhood that includes the Pea Porridge Ponds. The town is quite rural, and is fairly close to all of the ammenities in the Conway area. However, you are quite far removed from the I-93 corridor and diverse job opportunities. Therefore, Carroll County is a solid retirement destination.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM

497 posts, read 949,629 times
I live just on the east side if the Eidelweiss village, in the Pea porridge pond association. I'm happy that we chose the house where we did, very quiet, very removed. Pond allows NO motors, keeps the loons, wildlife and us happy!
Close enuff [5miles] to Conway, shopping and supplies, yet far enuff [5miles] from the tourists.

Old 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,334,683 times
Sorry I don't know much about Madison other than we drive through it when we go to the Fryeburg ME fair.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:01 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,218,845 times
Madison is a really nice area. I'm just over the mountain in Effingham. Your right, slightly remote and very quiet.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 PM

680 posts, read 2,430,945 times
I don't know anything about that development, but Madison is beautiful. It is near North Conway, and King Pine is a destination in its own right. A lot of families vacation at Purity Springs every year. In terms of recreation, you'd have to love the outdoors or make your own fun. North Conway has movies, restaurants, a hospital, shopping, an ice rink, mini golf, etc. Eaton has a general store and some antiques shops. You wouldn't be too far from Wolfeboro, either.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:00 AM

497 posts, read 949,629 times
here's a link to the overview of Madison;

http://www.city-data.com/city/Madiso...Hampshire.html

and one to the association

EPOA- Eidelweiss Village Madison, NH

Old 03-17-2009, 10:13 AM

10 posts, read 47,437 times
Just purchased a home in madison. Very quiet area and close to all amenities without being overrun by them. We come from NJ so just being in the mountains is a breath of fresh air. Love the shopping in Conway--the shops are so quaint.

Old 09-11-2010, 02:23 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,674,023 times
Taxes are high in Madison? I heard low. I could be wrong.

Anybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmutts View Post
Does anybody have any info about this community in Madison NH? I know that the taxes are high, even by NH standards. I like the fact that the ponds do not allow motorboats. Would love to hear from people who have lived or rented in this community. Thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire