Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2008, 08:49 PM

4 posts, read 11,665 times

Advertisements

Hi! So I'm just giving an update on my relocation from NYC to NH.

Original thread:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...h-medical.html

We decided to rent and found a 1 bedroom in Lebanon for $600/mo incl Heat/water, trash. We'll be paying for everything else.

So now I'm trying to figure out what kind of Broadband internet possibilities are out there in Lebanon. I've checked these:

Verison DSL/FIOS: Unavailable according to online checker
Comcast Cable Internet: Available but is $43/mo unless I get phone/cable
Earthlink: Unavailable according to online checker
Time Warner: Unavailable according to online checker
RoadRunner: Unavailable according to online checker

I can't believe comcast is my only option for HIGH speed internet access. I know that dialup is always an option... but being a med student w/ dialup just doesn't make sense. Satellite would be too unstable and also pretty slow AND it's expensive!

So, am I out of luck? Is Comcast my only option?

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2008, 04:43 AM

275 posts, read 1,286,137 times
To be quite honest, if your only option IS Comcast then you are doing pretty good. They have there pros and cons like anyone else, but one thing they are known for is fast internet! I was considering an area that only had some oddball cable provider, and I would have loved to had Comcast as an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire