Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2008, 04:44 PM

1 posts, read 3,182 times

Advertisements

I will be setting up a new chiropractic practice in Manchester. I want to rent a small house for under $1200 while I get my practice started. Where are good places to look in or around Manchester within a 20 min. drive? Where are the higher crime areas I should avoid? Is Merrimack nice? Is it more than 20 min. away from Manchester?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 05:43 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,134,544 times
good luck finding a house to rent - they are out there! Merrimack is about 20 minutes from Manchester.

Check out Hooksett, Auburn, Bow, Goffstown and Milford.

Old 04-29-2008, 05:54 PM

151 posts, read 817,191 times
Bedford and Merrimack are nice. They are right next to each other. I am currently renting in Windham. My lease is about to expire though and one of the areas on my list is Bedford. Londonderry is also nice. North end of Manchester is nice as well.

Not sure about bad areas in Manchester. I've only been in NH a year and not too familiar with Manchester itself. Maybe some of the others can comment.

Good luck and much success to your new practice.

Old 04-29-2008, 09:07 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,941,024 times
I agree that Merrimack and Bedford are both nice, but good luck in finding a rental for under $1200 in Bedford, as it is known as being one of the more upscale towns in southern NH.

You asked what towns to consider w/i 20 minutes of Manchester. Some parts of Merrimack are within your 20 minute drive, also much of Londonderry, Hooksett, Goffstown & Auburn. If you consider living in Manchester itself, you might consider looking in the North end of town, a nice city neighborhood, with small, older homes, tree-lined streets, etc or possibly some of the neighborhoods just off Rte 93/Exit 8, Wellington Road. There are a number of condos, townhomes and single family homes in this area, and it's considered well out of the way of the city elements. The higher crime areas of Manchester are going to be the central areas with mainly multi-family houses, absentee landlords, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire