Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2021, 07:55 PM

3,246 posts, read 1,739,106 times

Advertisements

The BLM thing in NH is mostly white liberals. I've found NH to be fairly tolerant and if anything politically, its leaning very libertarian. Many here keep their politics to themselves. Yes there were Trump signs, and just as many Biden signs as well.
Worst that will happen is your candidates sign will get stolen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2021, 08:32 AM

18 posts, read 26,650 times
Considering you have the financial means, you might consider driving a little further north to Hopkinton or Canterbury. My husband and I raised our children in NH and now live in Maine. Anywhere along the coast is a good choice too, until you get further north. NH has changed dramatically since we were there, but there are still pockets where things haven't changed much. If you look at the lakes region as someone suggested, just stay away from Laconia as the hospital does not have a good reputation.

Old 05-05-2021, 08:05 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by affirmed1 View Post
My reason for considering leaving Connecticut is that I have no more family around here (parents have died, my brother lives in Italy, my daughter moved to Boston, and many friends have left the area).

I'm ready for a new start and would like to be closer to my daughter. New Hampshire had been mentioned to me a few times to check out.

I have never had any issue with Republicans over the years, I would consider voting that way, it is Trump that I cannot stand, I've had anxiety over his presidency.

I don't want to start a political debate here.

At this stage of my life, I'd prefer to have it as stress free as I can possibly make it.

Thank you all for your input.
If this is true. Please don't move to NH!!! I have co-workers that are mad and still convinced that the election was stolen from Trump. There are still Trump supporters throughout NH.

As for me, I find it completely ridiculous than ANYONE had anxiety over Trump's term. I have absolutely no respect for anyone with TDS. Zero.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:33 PM

101 posts, read 96,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonesuch View Post
OP wants to live in a Blue echo chamber, had written "My biggest concern is is New Hampshire too conservative? Overall I can deal with that but it's the Trump supporters that is very difficult."
Oh well then lol no, the place where the most Trump votes came from is the non-Seacoast side of Rockingham County and Belknap County. But even then, Rockingham has gotten much bluer/less red. NH isn’t much different politically than Maine- we like our moderates. You’ll be fine here and it doesn’t matter who you’ll be voting for- we’d love to have you.

Last edited by whippany5; 05-06-2021 at 12:45 PM..

Old 05-12-2021, 01:27 PM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
If this is true. Please don't move to NH!!! I have co-workers that are mad and still convinced that the election was stolen from Trump. There are still Trump supporters throughout NH.

As for me, I find it completely ridiculous than ANYONE had anxiety over Trump's term. I have absolutely no respect for anyone with TDS. Zero.
Not sure just what you are getting at:

"I have co-workers that are mad and still convinced that the election was stolen from Trump."

So are you saying there are crazy people here, therefore don't move here?

I agree with OP that I could see myself voting Republican, just never for Trump. But I wouldn't say I had anxiety. I like that there's a diversity of thought here, except for the "stop the steal" types. Thankfully most republicans I know are reasonable.

Old 05-12-2021, 05:09 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Not sure just what you are getting at:

"I have co-workers that are mad and still convinced that the election was stolen from Trump."

So are you saying there are crazy people here, therefore don't move here?

I agree with OP that I could see myself voting Republican, just never for Trump. But I wouldn't say I had anxiety. I like that there's a diversity of thought here, except for the "stop the steal" types. Thankfully most republicans I know are reasonable.
Being reasonable and normalcy are in very very short supply these days across the country, sorry to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire