Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2008, 04:32 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times

Advertisements

what a bizarre case this is turning out to be...

It's horrific that people reported her abuse and authorities ignored the reports until they actually found a burning body at her property.

Does anyone else believe she tortured Dr. Labarre to change his will in her favor? How strange is it, that she never married him, yet inherited his business, property and financial holdings. His wife and children got nothing.

In fact, after they broke up in 1988, she was married to someone else for a couple of years. Yet she still inherited?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 04:39 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,702,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post

It's horrific that people reported her abuse and authorities ignored the reports until they actually found a burning body at her property.

Does anyone else believe she tortured Dr. Labarre to change his will in her favor? How strange is it, that she never married him, yet inherited his business, property and financial holdings. His wife and children got nothing.

In fact, after they broke up in 1988, she was married to someone else for a couple of years. Yet she still inherited?
I think she is very calculated and not insane at all - very intelligent to make it appear she is. I believe she truly blackmailed or something the Doctor - but how the heck did she get his last name without marrying him? that's another one of those things that make you go hmmm in this case.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:40 PM

anyone can change their name - it came out in court testimony today that she wanted to change Kenneth Countie's name to Labarre as well.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
anyone can change their name - it came out in court testimony today that she wanted to change Kenneth Countie's name to Labarre as well.
oh I haven't read the reports in the paper since Friday - gotta catch up on this bizarre case LOL. Havent seen a good case like this in NH since the kids in Rochester killing their parents and of course Pammy!

Old 05-19-2008, 04:42 PM

I don't think she is insane either. She is evil. IMO if Charles Manson was not found insane, then Sheila Labarre should not be.

However, it seems to me that the media has already made up it's mind. They have shown the psychiatric hospital a couple of times.

NH has the dealth penalty. She's earned it.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:46 PM

"Though she never married Wilfred LaBarre, she took his name. And despite the fact they broke up a few years later - and she was married to someone else for two years in the 1990s - she inherited his $2 million estate when he died in 2000.
Wilfred LaBarre’s adult children say Sheila LaBarre controlled their father through extortion and threats to his life and property. In 2002, his daughter got a restraining order against her after telling the court she had chased the old man with a gun and asked another man to kill him so she could take over his business."

Portsmouth Herald Local News: Bones, fire link woman to killing of boyfriend

Old 05-19-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
I don't think she is insane either. She is evil. IMO if Charles Manson was not found insane, then Sheila Labarre should not be.

However, it seems to me that the media has already made up it's mind. They have shown the psychiatric hospital a couple of times.

NH has the dealth penalty. She's earned it.
Amen! Even though Manson is more insane than this evil witch is -- I feel bad that her sister believes she is insane, she's even got her fooled. Media wants you to feel sorry for her for all the rapes and stuff - although Foster's does seem to hold a fair opinion of the trial. I can't remember the last person executed in NH, although I remember it being touted a lot in the Smart trial.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:49 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
Quote:

Yes I absolutely agree that she tortured Dr. Labarre to change the will.

As others have posted she is not insane. She is pure evil through and through. A cold, calculating, smart, evil woman.

I think it is disgusting that she tries to say Kenneth Countie was a pedophile when all involved including prosecutors and family say it is not true. This woman is disgusting.

She has earned the death penalty.

Nicolem

Old 05-19-2008, 04:55 PM

she definitely knew right from wrong - she ran away and changed her appearance.

I feel so badly for the boy. She preyed on men from the homeless shelter. Kenneth Countie was dead 6 weeks after their first date. The descriptions of his last appearance in the Wal-Mart are disgusting. He was in a wheelchair and was green with old bruises.

Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM

259 posts, read 988,089 times
Default Labarre, Just another Pam Smart story

It's just media sensationalisim, nothing more, small people amuaing themselves in the lives of others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire