Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2022, 06:22 AM

219 posts, read 366,500 times

Advertisements

Fidium fiber has recently become available at my address. They claim GB service, anyone have experience? Several neighbors were reporting reliability issues when first offered but I have heard nothing recently. I am long term WFH, Comcast was historically not an issue but I have been losing calls of late in the afternoon when the kids are home from school. A speed test shows 80 down, 11 Up with Comcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2022, 07:05 AM
KCZ

4,663 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Fidium isn't available where I live (Grafton County) and Comcast here is terrible. What part of the state are you in?

Old 05-25-2022, 10:19 AM

219 posts, read 366,500 times
Nottingham - was added earlier this year on our end of town only.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:49 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Bumping to find out if anyone is using Fidium and if so, how it's going? I've been seeing lots of TV ads here in Cheshire County. Right now I have Spectrum for Internet ONLY and it's now $85/month. I keep it because it's unlimited, but it seems high to me (maybe it's actually NOT!).

Anyone?

Old 12-13-2022, 10:11 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,055,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Bumping to find out if anyone is using Fidium and if so, how it's going? I've been seeing lots of TV ads here in Cheshire County. Right now I have Spectrum for Internet ONLY and it's now $85/month. I keep it because it's unlimited, but it seems high to me (maybe it's actually NOT!).

Anyone?

OK, that's weird.

I have Spectrum unlimited internet up to 300Mbps only and it is 79.99, up from 74.99 in November. Not on any introductory period or anything either.

I'll be on Starlink once I move though as their is no broadband or strong enough cell signal where I am building.

Old 12-13-2022, 11:25 AM

3,253 posts, read 1,739,106 times
Fidium has some weird issues. Last night it started with descriptive audio for "visually impaired" and didn't return to normal for several hours. Might be related to a vehicle accident nearby which snapped a telephone pole. Sometimes the video blinks and replays the last 10 seconds. Otherwise, its pretty good.

Old 12-17-2022, 10:29 AM

830 posts, read 1,537,621 times
We’ve had Fidium since February. I can’t directly compare it to Comcast since we have not had Comcast in quite a long time - never at this address. We were switching from Consolidated DSL, the only service available in our part of town, in the Monadnock Region. (Fidium is the branding for Consolidated’s new fiber service, in case someone doesn’t know.)

DSL had gotten more and more unreliable, not just slow but out of service frequently. We’ve had zero problems with Fidium and were so relieved when they became available! I can’t speak to the technical aspects… speed and all that… that is the domain of my spouse. I will say we have no problem with two people working online and streaming services running to more than one TV, at the same time.

People in my town, even those who did have Comcast available and switched, have been very happy with Fidium.

Old 12-18-2022, 07:20 AM

3,886 posts, read 3,500,151 times
Got Consolidated 1G FTTH when it first became available in my town (1 year ago? 2? don't remember). Rock solid. Switched to Fidium last Thursday, 1 day before my power went out (just came back on this AM). No problems then or now, post power. Switchover took a truck roll and about 2 hours, mostly waiting for updates and electronic handshakes.

Consolidated has done a terrible job explaining why they're pushing Fidium so hard, especially for us current FTTH customers. Turns out the reason is two fold: First, rebranding to get away from the Consolidated name and bad associations to its DSL products, second, it uses an updated technology that makes better use of its fiber infrastructure, allowing greater capacity on each fiber, hence the need to swap out ONT (the fiber equivalent of a modem...) at both the home and CO.

Some folks online don't like the fact that the router they give you is locked down with some configuration by the user being done by an app. I find it tolerable since I've never gone into the finer settings like QOS, and where I live, I don't need to set channels.

Old 12-21-2022, 01:32 PM

4,569 posts, read 5,667,498 times
Just signed up for the new Fidium Commercial (business) service, will report back in a week or two on how it's working out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: