Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 11:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,207 times

Advertisements

Nestled in the White Mountains near the Pemigewasset River is the Town of Woodstock which gets angelic snow in the winter and Wonderful Alpine Weather in the Summer. I am planning a couple of weeks there this summer.

Who on this board has spent some time up there or even just passed through? Would appreciate your feed back! Did you dine out? Or eat at a cool retro diner? What do you think of the location?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 04:54 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Nestled in the White Mountains near the Pemigewasset River is the Town of Woodstock which gets angelic snow in the winter and Wonderful Alpine Weather in the Summer. I am planning a couple of weeks there this summer.

Who on this board has spent some time up there or even just passed through? Would appreciate your feed back! Did you dine out? Or eat at a cool retro diner? What do you think of the location?
Hi Comet - I haven't been to Woodstock, but we have friends in Lincoln, who have said it's a nice town, but that's all I know.....hopefully someone else can help you out here - Maybe Capt visited there when he was on his "scouting mission" back in April? Lincoln/Woodstock is about 30 minutes or so, give or take, south of us.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:38 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,053 times
Talking hope this helps

Hey comet, last time i was in lincon i was sking. lincon is pretty small not a whole lot there. there is clarks trading post you could visit. they have bears and other things there. haven't been by there in a long time. there might be more up that way now. i do know if you travel up 93 north there are alot of sites to see like the flume and the basin are some cool places to see. also you have the old man in the mountain or what's left of it and cannon mountain is nice. they have a gondola ride that goes to the top of the mountain. there are a ton of hiking trails if you like to hike. i don't know about woodstock. never been there. anytime i went up that way i went accross the cangcamangus highway. if you go accross that way there are some really breath taking veiws. that is an awsome ride.

Last edited by JFRRACING; 06-17-2008 at 07:09 AM..

Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 AM

3,459 posts, read 10,262,883 times
I like the Woodstock Inn. They brew their own beer.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:16 AM

371 posts, read 1,161,333 times
Three words. "The Woodstock Inn"

Grab a seat on the patio an a pint of Pig's Ear -- that's summer!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:28 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,134,544 times
As a skier, I spend a lot of time in Lincoln. It is also a summer resort, with lots of hotels and miniature golf sites, etc. You should have a great time.

While you are there, check out the flume and the polar caves and the lost river. All three sites are tourist attractions, but worth the trip.

There are a multitude of restaurants to pick from.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,323,302 times
If time permits, take the drive all the way across the Kanc. Explore over in that area. Yes there are outlets but if you do exploring there is a lot more than the outlets. Hiking, Mt Washington, etc. Great views. If you can make your way over there-check out the Jackson Falls. I love the Jackson falls.

I also need to put in a plug for my favorite pizza place in Lincoln-Elvio's. Yummy.

I also agree with vter ad dognh about the Woodstock Inn.

Nicolem

Old 06-17-2008, 09:21 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,029,292 times
Isn't that where Lost River is? I've been down through that a couple times - and brought friends who enjoyed it. Need to be in good shape for the hike back up the hill, though

Let's see... restaurants in that area. It's been a long time and I don't know if they still exist.. we ate at a place I think called The Library? Or the Old SchoolHouse? something like that. Maybe it was the old schoolhouse. It was pretty good: bookcases and stuff all over the walls (very homey - to my mind!), food was good as well.

Closer over to Franconia notch, there used to be a place called the Little Red House? it was basically someone's house that they turned into a restaurant. the food was marvelous, the service was wonderful (they helped us get a hotel reservation late at night, coped with a crowd of loud, strange people ). We were seated I guess in what used to be their family room: near the sliding glass doors with a stream running through the yard. But it may have gone now.

Old 06-17-2008, 10:51 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
Isn't that where Lost River is? I've been down through that a couple times - and brought friends who enjoyed it. Need to be in good shape for the hike back up the hill, though

Let's see... restaurants in that area. It's been a long time and I don't know if they still exist.. we ate at a place I think called The Library? Or the Old SchoolHouse? something like that. Maybe it was the old schoolhouse. It was pretty good: bookcases and stuff all over the walls (very homey - to my mind!), food was good as well.

Closer over to Franconia notch, there used to be a place called the Little Red House? it was basically someone's house that they turned into a restaurant. the food was marvelous, the service was wonderful (they helped us get a hotel reservation late at night, coped with a crowd of loud, strange people ). We were seated I guess in what used to be their family room: near the sliding glass doors with a stream running through the yard. But it may have gone now.
This restaurant called The Little Red House sounds like fun! I am looking forward to our trip up there this summer!

Old 06-18-2008, 05:35 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
This restaurant called The Little Red House sounds like fun! I am looking forward to our trip up there this summer!
Comet - Do you know the dates of your visit yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire