Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,296,386 times

Advertisements

I HAVE SEEN SO MANY PICTURES AND READ SO MUCH ABOUT CALIFORNIA. i would like to visit sometime when i get the money to make a trip out there someday. it looks so nice out there, i would like to experience it just once in my life. some day cross my fingers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 01:39 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,538,023 times
Ok...I just lost my post I typed out a minute ago!? That was a lot of thought...all gone now, lol.

lisa g, I love The Huntington. The first time I visited there was when I was six years old. I remember viewing the art collection, and I really liked Blue Boy & Pinkie. I was mesmerized for quite awhile & it left an impression on me. I would ask my mom (all the time), "Where was that place with the painting of the girl with the pretty dress and the boy in blue." All I could remember of the grounds were the big walls with vines growing on them. The last time I was there was July of 2003 & it was HOT!! The rose garden was beautiful!

I haven't been to Descanso Gardens, but plan to go and I will take lots of photos!! Another beautiful garden in Santa Barbara is Welcome to Lotusland (http://www.lotusland.org/welcome.htm - broken link)

JFRRACING, Thank you for the links for places in New Hampshire. I also love the lighthouses! Someday I want to go on the Cog Railway. We went on the Mt Washington Auto Road instead...I have the bumper sticker in my scrapbook. I also have the audio cassette...it was before most cars had CD players, lol. Now you can just play it from your computer. Mount Washington Auto Road

I'm crossing my fingers in hopes that someday you can visit California.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:54 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,189,035 times
Talking Thank You Notdancingqueen! LOL!!! LOL!

LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It made me LAUGH so much!!!!!!!!LOL! LOL!

SUZETTE, I hope you read this post!!! DO NOT LET ANYONE change your

mind, just HEAD EAST!!! DO NOT GO TO ARIZONA!!!! Unless,

you want to sweat over 20 ounces of sweat every hour!! YUCK!LOL!

BOO I really LOVE the last flower you posted!

Truly BEAUTIFUL!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

Take care everyone!

Have a GREAT weekend my NH FORUM FRIENDS!

Countrylv22

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdancingqueen View Post
I have a magnet I picked up on a business trip to Phoenix...it's a picture of a skeleton leaning against a cactus... the caption is "But it's a Dry Heat."

Last edited by countrylv22; 06-27-2008 at 07:55 PM.. Reason: SMILE & WE WILL SMILE WITH YOU! :0):0) ATTITUDE IN LIFE IS KEY! :0) :0) PEACE! :0)

Old 06-27-2008, 08:36 PM

92 posts, read 242,178 times
Suzet
I was planning to travel cross country this summer but due to unfor seen surgeries I cannot make it so it will be the smoky mountains(beautiful place)

Anyway
I was wondering is SD in CA near you?

Old 06-28-2008, 12:18 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,950,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
Suzet
I was planning to travel cross country this summer but due to unfor seen surgeries I cannot make it so it will be the smoky mountains(beautiful place)

Anyway
I was wondering is SD in CA near you?
Hey proud American, are you referring to San Diego?? If so, it is like 2 1/2 hours drive south from where I live.

JFR, I hope you can get out to Calif atleast once too. There are some amazing things here to see. The redwoods are just awesome. Lake Tahoe is beautiful. The nothern beaches are gorgeous...There is a lot to see. We do have "some" good out here..lol. There is every kind of shopping you or your wife, would ever want. You can always go to Hollywood, it is disgusting, but it is still kind of fun to go and check it out. Venice Beach is always interesting. The Getty Museum is very nice, but the view from up there is what I love. It is so amazing. I prefer Northern Cali to So Cali. Well anyway, if you get out this way, I am sure you will have a good time

Old 06-28-2008, 08:05 AM

92 posts, read 242,178 times
Yes that is what I meant.

we were planning to stop off at various places on route, like th eghost towns in AZ,NM and NV then explore So Cal as I have heard ,San Diego is a great city

Old 06-30-2008, 09:59 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,959,954 times
Default Looking Forward to Boo's 4th of July Pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooShutterBugg View Post
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd280/BuggaBoo2_album/summertime.jpg (broken link)

Summertime is my least favorite season, but I always try to find the good in everything!

Good things in Summer...

~ lemonade always seems to taste best this time of year.
~ BBQ's ...yummy, oh & watermelon!
~ Sitting under a shady tree.
~ My hydrangea finally bloomed!
~ 4th of July & Fireworks

Hope everyone has a Wonderful Summer!! Enjoy & Have Fun!!!
Boo! I hope you will find some time to work your wonderful talent through your camera this 4th!

You definitely add color to this board!

Old 06-30-2008, 10:51 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,950,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
Yes that is what I meant.

we were planning to stop off at various places on route, like th eghost towns in AZ,NM and NV then explore So Cal as I have heard ,San Diego is a great city

San Diego is beautiful. You will really enjoy it. There are a few "haunted" places there too. Hope you have a great trip. If you can, while in Arizona, stop off in Sedona. It is a place that has "magic" there. There are I think 4 vortex, and if you sit on one while the sun is coming up, you can feel the ground vibrate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: