Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:32 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,135,202 times

Advertisements

predicted by Goldman Sachs this spring.

At first I thought, no way.....

but watching how quickly the prices have gone up, I won't be surprised at all....

It took 30 years for gas to rise by a dollar per gallon. It's taken 1 year to rise two more dollars to the $4 prices we see now.

Where will it end? Will we all have to move to the city? I already don't drive, unless I have too (not counting last week's tour up north ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 09:20 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
I've read by end of 2009 not end of summer..that would be almost a $3 jump in two months....as bad as it is not likely

Old 06-27-2008, 09:49 AM

161 posts, read 339,530 times
Reports from research institutes is that the prices are still going up because of speculators/investors. Why This has been going on for awhile all the big investment companies are sending their buyer/brokers to buy oil..Yep because of the ongoing profits...so you hear today $7 gallon...ok...watch it will keep going up...like a good stock tip...but we know not good at all for our country's economy...amazing all the laws ,powers...if only people would start marching in the street...

Old 06-27-2008, 10:17 AM

something should be done about oil speculating....driving up the prices is the last thing we need right now.

It currently costs me $80. to fill my car. Luckily, I'm retired and don't have to drive much. I could not afford to drive to work if I had to.

I hope that the price is not $7 by fall, but I wouldn't count on it. Mathematically, if oil hits $200 barrel, then gas would be $6.45 a gallon. Close enough to $7.

Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 AM

161 posts, read 339,530 times
I agree with you...Something should be done? I think this oil speculating is becoming a national crisis and I don't understand why folks are not calling their elected officials and demanding something be done...as long as we all sit back and ho hum....the speculation will go on

Old 06-27-2008, 11:33 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Default It Is A Conspiracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
something should be done about oil speculating....driving up the prices is the last thing we need right now.

It currently costs me $80. to fill my car. Luckily, I'm retired and don't have to drive much. I could not afford to drive to work if I had to.

I hope that the price is not $7 by fall, but I wouldn't count on it. Mathematically, if oil hits $200 barrel, then gas would be $6.45 a gallon. Close enough to $7.
Buck, IMHO, I believe we are seeing the attempt by an Elite Class within our country, The Hollywood Jet Set, Ariana Huffington, Moveon.org, Al Gore and the likes Deliberately weakening our country's middle class so to gain more power and control. (Look up Al Gore's sweet deal regarding the Elk Hill Oil Field)

Having the price per gallon up to $10.00 is no inconvenience for them, as their Global Warming Scam and No New Oil Drilling Policies are working to empower the Rich Elite and weaken us Hollywood Movie Goers who now pay over $10.00 to see one of their sick movies. Maybe we can begin here in New Hampshire by beginning a Nationwide Boycott on anything Hollywood!

These people are all Communists and do not even want you to own property. Think about it next time you fill up! I believe they have a good chance of being successful of carving away our freedoms one by one.

Remember the Boston Tea Party? Well we all may have to resort to taking back what is ours.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:56 AM

92 posts, read 242,365 times
correct, the elitist , I'll keep quiet on that as fort he radical move on .org types , well they would love to see this coiuntry go to bits right now as they believe that they can get their media loving man into power easier, of course forgetting about everything about hiim

I now expect that those whom preach about the warning and air, etc will nlot be taking limo's, [planes, boats, etc for their campaign speeches but do what they [preach , after all rememeber we were told that we have to watch what we eat, what we have our heat on and how much oil we use as those around the world wouldn't approve of it

guess who said that??????

anyway

it would be nice to get our own oil but certain people don't want us to

so they say get the other countries to dig more but they don't want us to dig for our own oil

off the Florida coast right now we are not allowed to dig yet 53 miles away from Florida is the Chinese who are digging

make sense
no it doesn't

fed up up hearing about the usual spin of well we have to find more alternative fuel,

well yes we do but we should also use our own resources like our own oil

don't get me started on this **** and bull about change change change

first off who said change was good.
The communists changed Russia in 1917
Hitler changed Germany in 33

not good change was it for the people

then there is the question
how to change?
what to change?
how long to change?

to me bumper stickers and giving nice little writen speeches is not the solution but asking the questions to those bumper stickers are, though I don't expect the media especially NBC, MSNBC,CNN to actually ask any tough questions

I will however am surprised at just how much people have been duped by the media and the bumper sticker slogans and anyway so much for the war for oil slogan

Last edited by proud American; 06-27-2008 at 12:08 PM..

Old 06-27-2008, 01:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
My husband heard a show a while back on the radio about the oil speculators. I was wondering if anyone had actual info on this. He heard that a few years back the oil speculation laws were changed and now the speculators can now run up prices much easier than before. Can anyone confirm this for me? While I am not a crazy anti-business person, that just does not seem right to me either.

Also-if China is going to be drilling 50 some miles off of our coast anyway, why don't we? I am very much for our environment but something needs to be done. And even though the oil will not be readily available for a while, I have heard in numerous places that just the fact that we are willing to do it would have the speculators lower the price. I really do love our environment. I love animals, birds, trees, open space. But I also believe that in 2008 we have to come to some type of balance that allows us to drill domestically/off shore while still preserving our environment to a level that is more than acceptable to most people. As we have seen, gas prices-shortages affect so much-food, heating, plastic, etc. etc.

I also wonder why overpopulation is never brought into the conversation. The country and world population puts a huge strain on the supply of oil and other goods. However, that never comes up-especially when Al Gore and his other global warming wackos hold their speeches. If they really cared about the environment-they would stress that more. The "founder" of earth day listed overpopulation as one of the biggest agressors of our environement. A person who truly cared about the environment would too.

I am quite frankly surprised that there is not more outrage at gas over 4.00/gallon. Where are all the protests and I am not talking about those weirdo nude protestors in Seattle. I am taking hard working Americans. How much are Obama and McCain REALLY talking about it? I am not talking about blather-which quite frankly comes from both of their mouths. I mean something that is realistic, fairly quick and would be voted on by whomever is in congress in 09-repubs, dems or a mix. What is the breaking point for people? 5,6, 7 or more? I mean I thought at this point-4.00/gallon I would see more outrage.

We have a car that does well on gas and luckily I work from home. However I am in Florida almost monthly due to an ill parent and the airline tickets are going up and up. Luckily I am booked through October and did it before the last few times rates were raised.

My husband has been told that they are "looking into the possibility" of a condensed 4 day work week. That would be 4 days a month less driving. He commutes about 80-90 miles a day so that would be a huge savings. I hope his company opts to go this route.

Nicolem

Old 06-27-2008, 03:33 PM

"off the Florida coast right now we are not allowed to dig yet 53 miles away from Florida is the Chinese who are digging"

the same thing with fishing laws - we can't take certain fish under a specific size, but the rules don't apply to the Chinese who are fishing right off of our coast.

Old 06-27-2008, 03:35 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,249 times
50 miles off Florida Coast = 40 Miles off CUBAN coast
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire