Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 12:02 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud American View Post
nearly forgot Valerie hopefully we'll see you soon , coffee's on me and congrats on the marching band I hear they did well

Suzet
do you think avatars will any time be allowed?

Hey proud, the word is, no avatars. Sorry. Maybe someday, but not now. Only Mods can, that is one of the perks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 05:32 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
I have just had more surgery again and again though it's only the second one on the right knee

The meniscus was torn and they found a spur growth once they got in there, so they removed that, cleaned up the inside and fixed the tear.

the kids especially my oldest 10 years old has been brilliant but was wondering just how long I have to put up with hopping around as I am not a person who likes to just sit there
Ouch! My husband had a torn medial meniscus and ACL last September and had surgery for it - they also found a spur in his knee. Not fun! He had screwed up both his knees when he was a carpet installer for many years when he came home from 'Nam. He was also an avid skier and twisted it a few times....and had a spill on his Harley many years ago where he messed up his knee. He let things go and last Labor Day was mowing the lawn, twisted and that was the end of that, everything snapped and he had the surgery.

Hope you recover quickly and you don't drive your family nuts in the process

Old 06-30-2008, 07:37 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,805 times
Talking Yes i am

I AM PROUD TO BE A REGULAR.....LOL

Old 06-30-2008, 07:49 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
I AM PROUD TO BE A REGULAR.....LOL
Always better to be regular than irregular.....I know, I know, that was REALLY bad...what can I say, been typing colonoscopies all morning

Old 06-30-2008, 07:54 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Always better to be regular than irregular.....I know, I know, that was REALLY bad...what can I say, been typing colonoscopies all morning
You beat me to it Dare-was thinking the same thing! You are too funny!

Nicolem

Old 06-30-2008, 09:13 AM

7 posts, read 13,675 times
Default owie

Good morning all! I just stumbled onto this site a couple of weeks ago, I wished I had known about it sooner! This is an awesome site to share pics, stories and to keep in touch with folks

Proud, sorry to hear about the knee surgery. Speedy recovery! I had my knee pop on me 2 weeks ago while getting in my car and I am still hurting from it. If I had better insurance, I would have been at the dr's by now! It throbs and aches constantly.

Everyone have a great day!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 AM

179 posts, read 436,022 times
Quote:
I have just had more surgery again and again though it's only the second one on the right knee

The meniscus was torn and they found a spur growth once they got in there, so they removed that, cleaned up the inside and fixed the tear.

the kids especially my oldest 10 years old has been brilliant but was wondering just how long I have to put up with hopping around as I am not a person who likes to just sit there

I hope you feel better soon. Hopefully the docs got you all fixed up so you don't need any more surgery.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:25 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
Quote:

Hi Proud-

Sorry to hear about your knee troubles. I can commiserate! I tore the meniscus in both of my knees.. two years ago. ouch, I hurt at the time. But the scoping was great, and rehab was pretty quick. How long ago did you have the scope? Usually, you're weight-bearing pretty quickly (I was back at work in 3 days I think), although have the spur removed is an added complication.

that was the first time I had scopes done, but the 5 and 6th knee op, so I'm an 'old pro' at it (and then I had 2 more last year). BTW, if you ever have any questions or concerns about knee problems, check out: <http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/> the KneeGeeks are great!!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:55 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,946,618 times
proud American, I'm sorry to hear about your knee surgery! That's pretty tough to deal with... hopefully we here on the NH forum can keep you amuse while you have to sit about and do nothing Take care of yourself!!

Quote:

Old 07-03-2008, 01:13 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,957,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
proud American, I'm sorry to hear about your knee surgery! That's pretty tough to deal with... hopefully we here on the NH forum can keep you amuse while you have to sit about and do nothing Take care of yourself!!
Proud, I hope you are feeling better. I know a few folks who have had to have knee surgery. They recovered just fine.

Like Val said, we are an amusing bunch here. Someone, somehow should give you a laugh or two, while you are recovering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire