Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,715 times

Advertisements

Just curious what all your thoughts are regarding which New Hampshire Town has the Best July 4th Parade and Celebrations? How good was it and what made it your most wonderful 4th of July experience?

Also lets not forget to thank our young men and woman in our armed forces serving and protecting all of us. After all we would not be able to have these fun filled 4th of July days without the bravery and sacrifices they have made for us!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Also lets not forget to thank our young men and woman in our armed forces serving and protecting all of us. After all we would not be able to have these fun filled 4th of July days without the bravery and sacrifices they have made for us!
Amen to that Comet!

Oddly enough the 4th of July is one time Littleton does NOT have a parade...it has more parades than I've ever seen, but on on the 4th. We have fireworks tomorrow night, though

We had our "big summer event" with Summerfest. We have gone to the Mt. Washington Hotel for their fireworks in the past - they have a lot of 4th of July activities - we park along the road to watch the fireworks for free

Old 07-02-2008, 06:44 PM

311 posts, read 994,638 times
There's a "hometown" style parade in Waterville Valley on July 4 in the afternoon - huge fireworks show in the evening. Lots of homemade floats and decorated bicycles, plus the valley-wide trolley gets decked out and filled with flag waving kids. There's actually tons going on in town from the 4th through the 6th. The 5th is an Independence Day Festival (my daughter will be there grilling up burgers & dogs at the fire department BBQ!).

Click here (http://www.wvnh.com/content/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articl eid=322&cntnt01returnid=53 - broken link) for a list of all the goings on.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:42 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,716 times
Bradford is the best. Parade, chicken BBQ, plenty of stuff for the kids, music and of course fireworks. This year they are celebrating on the 5th. Come on up.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignhfamily View Post
Bradford is the best. Parade, chicken BBQ, plenty of stuff for the kids, music and of course fireworks. This year they are celebrating on the 5th. Come on up.
Heaven for me would be to attend every July 4th BBQ in New Hampshire however the end result would be me feeling like a beached whale!

Old 07-03-2008, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Uh oh bignhfamily! I sense a competition here...Bradford vs. Waterville Valley! Hmmmmm...who'll be the judge?!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhampshiregirl View Post
There's a "hometown" style parade in Waterville Valley on July 4 in the afternoon - huge fireworks show in the evening. Lots of homemade floats and decorated bicycles, plus the valley-wide trolley gets decked out and filled with flag waving kids. There's actually tons going on in town from the 4th through the 6th. The 5th is an Independence Day Festival (my daughter will be there grilling up burgers & dogs at the fire department BBQ!).

Click here (http://www.wvnh.com/content/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articl eid=322&cntnt01returnid=53 - broken link) for a list of all the goings on.
I have heard about the Waterville Valley July 4th Celebrations and to me it is amazing that such a small community can pull off such a wonderful turn out, as I think the town has only 300 people.

Was wondering how long has this been going on? I think they only have like a volunteer fire dept etc and not even a local police station.

Is Derry having a Parade today?

Happy Birthday America!

Old 07-04-2008, 01:51 AM

1,004 posts, read 2,344,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhampshiregirl View Post
Uh oh bignhfamily! I sense a competition here...Bradford vs. Waterville Valley! Hmmmmm...who'll be the judge?!
OK, having been to Waterville Valley for one of it's 4th of July celebrations, I must admit, it is pretty spectacular. I'm just partial to Bradford as once I make a pig of myself and watch the fire works, it's such a short drive home!

Happy 4th newhampshiregirl and to all CD posters everywhere.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:34 AM

Quote:
OK, having been to Waterville Valley for one of it's 4th of July celebrations, I must admit, it is pretty spectacular. I'm just partial to Bradford as once I make a pig of myself and watch the fire works, it's such a short drive home!

Happy 4th newhampshiregirl and to all CD posters everywhere.
I hear ya bignhfamily!

It looks like it's going to be a beautiful day today, so have a fun and safe Independence Day!

Old 07-04-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
I have heard about the Waterville Valley July 4th Celebrations and to me it is amazing that such a small community can pull off such a wonderful turn out, as I think the town has only 300 people.

Was wondering how long has this been going on? I think they only have like a volunteer fire dept etc and not even a local police station.

Is Derry having a Parade today?

Happy Birthday America!

Hi CometVoyager! They say Waterville Valley has an official population of 305, I think. But that's permanent residents. There are lots of second home property owners and vacationers that swell that number. They've been doing fireworks and a parade on the 4th for all the years I've lived here (27 years), and the fireworks draw people from all over.

Re the fire department, it is a "call" department, but fire is part of a "department of public safety" so all the paid staff are certified firefighters, police officers AND at least EMT 1. So, you're just as likely to see the fire chief answering police calls as you are to see the police chief responding to a fire or ambulance call. It's a pretty unique set-up.

My daughter's 16 and just graduated from the NH Fire Explorer Training Academy as a firefighter, so she is SO EXCITED to join the Waterville Valley fire department. The staff there are wonderful mentors.

Happy Independence Day to you all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire