Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 07:47 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the thread, Dare! Fascinating stories!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2008, 07:48 PM

and before I forget, did that person post the photo they described?

Old 07-09-2008, 08:47 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I like to watch Ghosthunters (T.A.P.S). I think that's fascinating.
Jason and Grant are my boys. I love that show. I am watching it as I type. Tonight it is international ghost hunters. Grant and Jason arent on this one though, just Steve.

I might have to check out the Thayers Inn. I LOVE ghosty stuff. There is that cemetary in Keene I want to check out when we are there in Oct. The one were if you curse, your mouth taste like a bar of soap. Now if I can remember the name of the cemetary. LOL. I cant imagine there being a lot of them in Keene, so maybe we will just drive around till we come to one.

Luiso, I love those Haunting shows. I have a bunch of them on tivo. One of my favorites is the A haunting in Conneticut(sp?). It isnt part of the haunting shows but they play it on the discovery channel too.

mosrto, dont feel like a jerk for talking about what happend to you guys. I am so fascinated by all ghost encounters, as I have had a few too. One makes me cry to this day.

Old 07-09-2008, 09:36 PM

213 posts, read 507,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Jason and Grant are my boys. I love that show. I am watching it as I type. Tonight it is international ghost hunters. Grant and Jason arent on this one though, just Steve.

I might have to check out the Thayers Inn. I LOVE ghosty stuff. There is that cemetary in Keene I want to check out when we are there in Oct. The one were if you curse, your mouth taste like a bar of soap. Now if I can remember the name of the cemetary. LOL. I cant imagine there being a lot of them in Keene, so maybe we will just drive around till we come to one.

Luiso, I love those Haunting shows. I have a bunch of them on tivo. One of my favorites is the A haunting in Conneticut(sp?). It isnt part of the haunting shows but they play it on the discovery channel too.

mosrto, dont feel like a jerk for talking about what happend to you guys. I am so fascinated by all ghost encounters, as I have had a few too. One makes me cry to this day.
After reading the threads, I feel better now. Taps, yeh, It's a great show. They try to disprove sightings first, before they admit its haunted.As far as keene goes, I think i'd be tasting soap for a year
But an incident like we had in Thayers, really stays with you.

Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM

213 posts, read 507,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
mosrto - You're not crazy, I promise My husband stayed there for a week before we moved here. He did not see any apparitions, but he did have his bathroom door open and close and the light went on and off. I believe he also smelled a "fragrance" of some sort.

There is an old thread somewhere on the NH forum about Thayer's where other spoke of seeing/feeling things as well....I believe one couple was from Canada.

I think this is the thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-h...littleton.html
Dare, I read that thread about thayers inn. I guess I was right . It was called a hotel when we were there. What gave me shivers was that. in a few of the stories, the bathroom lite was on, and they didnt leave it on.When I started this thread, I states that the bathroom lite was on also, but we thought we left it on and didnt give it a thought.

Old 07-10-2008, 05:07 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosrto View Post
Dare, I read that thread about thayers inn. I guess I was right . It was called a hotel when we were there. What gave me shivers was that. in a few of the stories, the bathroom lite was on, and they didnt leave it on.When I started this thread, I states that the bathroom lite was on also, but we thought we left it on and didnt give it a thought.
The "commonality" of the light is interesting to me. We had heard that the farmhouse we rented when first moving here was somehow "affiliated" with Thayers. Supposedly it was a place where people would stop - across the street was a barn where the travelers would keep their horses. While I have not been able to verify that story, it seemed very plausible with the way the house was set up.

Anyway, I'm not sure if it was in the thread I posted or not, but our first experience was also with a light being on that we knew we had not turned on. From there we had windows closing and one night, either a dance or a fight of some sort with a LOT of foot stomping. One night I was awakened from sleep by a "woman" who told me her name was Sarah and on another night, my husband had an older woman (his sense of this person), like a grandmother-type, cover him with the blanket!

We had heard that if a realtor knew a house had "guests" they were required to tell potential buyers and I asked our realtor about that. He said it was funny that I should ask....he had listed a house and was talking to the family who was selling. The family had a little girl who asked her dad if "Harry" would be moving with them or if he was staying at the house. The father tried to change the subject, but the little girl was insistent, so the realtor asked who "Harry" was - turns out he was a spirit who lived in the house, all in the family had seen/heard him and they were a little embarrassed by it, thinking people would think they were crazy I don't know if "Harry" stayed in the house, but the family did sell the house in spite of/because of "Harry"

There are a lot of stories in the Littleton area, anyway, of "guests" in houses in the area, for the most part they are benevolent and more of a nuisance until you talk to them (I know, that sounds really weird, but that's we we did - gave them our expectations and they abided by them).

I believe the Beal House here in Littleton also supposedly had guests, but I'm not positive.

Old 07-10-2008, 06:24 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,661 times
Talking boooooo

on one of the ghost hunter shows, t.a.p.s was at the mt. washington hotel and found some paranormal activity. in fact i just watched ghost hunters international last night.

Old 07-10-2008, 07:12 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
using bathrooms at night must be fairly common!

I know in the chatroom I mentioned the Cahoon House in Lyndonville, VT - but I didn't tell too many of the stories about it. Now, Daniel (who built the house) is apparently still there - but he's not the only one.

The house was built at the end of th 1700s, well before indoor plumbing. Yet, some visitors have reported waking up in the middle of the night, hearing someone walking down the hall to the bathroom and close the bathroom door.. then a few minutes later the door opens and they hear footsteps again. yet, in the morning when they asked, no one else was awake at that time! So someone knew the house was updated and needed the facilities.

Now, Daniel mostly does things like chopping wood in the middle of the night, walking heavily up the stairs, sitting down on his bed (one time, he sat down on the bed when someone was in it and she just said disgustedly 'Oh Daniel! go away' and he got up and left!

Daniel & his wife (pretty sure it was them) had even given a party one evening because some friends had stopped by to visit and saw glow through the window like candle-light and people in 'funny clothes' - yet the owners were away that weekend. And one time Daniel and his wife had a fight! They were photos of them on the wall of the stairway, and one time the owners came back from some place.. to find the photos had reversed position - now back to back. Apparently they weren't talking to each other.

Like many places TAPS goes to, Daniel and his friends are aren't their every night. My mother has stayed there a few times and never encountered a thing (to her dismay). But it seems to have gotten more active since the house left family ownership a number of years ago.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:07 AM

10,006 posts, read 15,647,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post

Suzet, it's part of the Woodland Cemetary that it supposed to be haunted. There is a chapel there, and most of the "activity" is around the chapel.

Old 07-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Your stories make me want to visit these places too.
Anyone been to the cemetary in Wilton the "blue lady" is supposed to haunt? That story scares me too much to want to go.
Hollis has the haunted Pine Hill cemetary and Nashua has one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire