U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-18-2008, 04:28 AM

3,554 posts, read 8,718,465 times
Talking you can have all that snow...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2NCMom View Post
Be sure it is what you want - because I'd give my right arm to move back North LOL. Winters are nice, summer is brutal - and the economy always sucks.

the economy sucks everywhere.. we can't take these brutely cold snowy winters any more.. if i have to shovel or snowblow one more time i'm going to blow a gasket for sure....we have been planning this for almost a year now and have a bunch of homes picked out to look at...i lived my whole life in the snow and on the slopes and now that i'm older i just don't care for the cold and the snow...i'll take the heat any day.. besides i need more motorcycle riding time. 4 months a year is not nearly enough...
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 06:55 AM

311 posts, read 608,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
the economy sucks everywhere.. we can't take these brutely cold snowy winters any more.. if i have to shovel or snowblow one more time i'm going to blow a gasket for sure....we have been planning this for almost a year now and have a bunch of homes picked out to look at...i lived my whole life in the snow and on the slopes and now that i'm older i just don't care for the cold and the snow...i'll take the heat any day.. besides i need more motorcycle riding time. 4 months a year is not nearly enough...
I thought you were eternally happy???!!!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM

230 posts, read 636,024 times
I still say JOHNSON's in Northwood. We used to love eating there!

Old 08-18-2008, 07:46 AM

Talking ah happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhampshiregirl View Post
I thought you were eternally happy???!!!

i will be when i'm riding my motorcycle in febuary...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 AM

32,911 posts, read 26,410,850 times
Not in the Lakes or North Country or in NH but Bob's Clam Shack next to the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine has very good fresh seafood.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:26 AM

239 posts, read 200,382 times
I cant wait to go to the French Toast in Portsmouth.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:32 AM

680 posts, read 1,428,073 times
I haven't read any of the previous posts but we go to Jonathan's in North Conway (it's on White Mountain Highway south of the "strip" - just past where the former maple syrup outlet used to be. Yummy and reasonably priced, everything is very fresh, and you have the cold lobster roll option or a deep fried lobster tail roll option (you know, just in case your cholesterol is too low and you need to get it up fast.) The chowder is creamy, not the traditional New England milk/butter type.

Off the beaten track you have Bay Haven in Cornish, ME. It's on rte 25 maybe 15 minutes east of the NH border. Super fresh, always a big crowd, a good menu and HUGE portions. They offer a cold lobster salad roll with mayo or the traditional buttered hot roll. Chowder is traditional.

Old 08-18-2008, 11:24 AM

Talking there's a great place

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Not in the Lakes or North Country or in NH but Bob's Clam Shack next to the Kittery Trading Post in Kittery, Maine has very good fresh seafood.

oh that place is awesome..they have great seafood their...yum-o...

Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM

1,184 posts, read 2,108,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Yes Bob's is awesome as well...Kittery and York have a few good seafood places. I always think of Newicks first though

Old 08-18-2008, 11:35 AM

909 posts, read 1,834,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2008 View Post
I haven't read any of the previous posts but we go to Jonathan's in North Conway (it's on White Mountain Highway south of the "strip" - just past where the former maple syrup outlet used to be. Yummy and reasonably priced, everything is very fresh, and you have the cold lobster roll option or a deep fried lobster tail roll option (you know, just in case your cholesterol is too low and you need to get it up fast.) The chowder is creamy, not the traditional New England milk/butter type.

Off the beaten track you have Bay Haven in Cornish, ME. It's on rte 25 maybe 15 minutes east of the NH border. Super fresh, always a big crowd, a good menu and HUGE portions. They offer a cold lobster salad roll with mayo or the traditional buttered hot roll. Chowder is traditional.
Ah yes, that's what I want too. Some authentic Chowder (insert slurp smiley here).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire