Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

New Hampshire accepts Venezuelan oil, Los Angeles Times, South American communist Hugo Chavez, boycott oil, Citgo stores, 7-11 dropped out of contracts, block cheap heating

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 10:08 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times

Advertisements

New Hampshire accepts Venezuelan oil - Los Angeles Times

It is really sad that New Hampshire had to accept oil from this Anti American Communist Bum, Hugo Chavez.

But what is more frustrating is the fact we have enough oil in the USA to supply us for the next 200 years but our politicians have sold us out to the bad guys! Two of them being Nancy Peloci and Harry Reid! They could care less about spilling the blood of our young men and woman for Mid East oil or getting Oil from the South American Communist Thug Hugo Chavez.

What happened to our honor and self respect? This is disgusting!

I personally will scrutinize where my heating oil comes from and if I cannot get it from the source I choose I will then buy a anthracite coal stove to heat my water.

New Hampshire People! Stand up for your honor and respect and boycott all oil from Hugo Chavez!

Old 07-19-2008, 10:33 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
Comet, we've been getting oil from Venezuela for quite a while... see all those Citgo stores? Who do you think owns them: the government of Venezuela. when it became common knowledge that's where the oil was coming from, 7-11 dropped all their contracts with them and went to someone else.

Old 07-19-2008, 01:22 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
I think this is absolutely disgusting. Back in 2006-the NH reps voted this down! Now-with the liberals and rhinos in charge-this is "ok"? This is just another example of why we need massive change at the NH state house this fall.

On a sidenote- I remember a story that really really touched me a year or so ago. An Alaskan town-in very remote Alaska where the people are extremely poor refused to take this disgusting man-Chavez's free oil. They figured it was not the right thing to do and they would figure something out. I think what they did was very noble. That is not something you see much of today-especially when the word "free" is attached.

Nicolem

Old 07-19-2008, 03:35 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
I think this is absolutely disgusting. Back in 2006-the NH reps voted this down! Now-with the liberals and rhinos in charge-this is "ok"? This is just another example of why we need massive change at the NH state house this fall.

On a sidenote- I remember a story that really really touched me a year or so ago. An Alaskan town-in very remote Alaska where the people are extremely poor refused to take this disgusting man-Chavez's free oil. They figured it was not the right thing to do and they would figure something out. I think what they did was very noble. That is not something you see much of today-especially when the word "free" is attached.

Nicolem
Well, if the wife and I move there before the Nov. elections, we'll do our part to make sure we kick out the current idiots, as well as keep new ones from coming in.

It's ridiculous that anyone would propose it.

Old 07-19-2008, 03:53 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,966 times
You have a valid point about Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, Comet.
And Wanna, yes, you're right about Citgo. Although I haven't seen a 7-11 drop a Citgo yet. All the 7-11/Citgos I knew in CA remained intact even after I heard they were dropping Citgos. I've driven on fumes longer than I'd imagine possible before gassing up at a Citgo.
Anthracite coal heated water doesn't sound all that bad considering I have to replace an oil fired hot water heater this very weekend.

Old 07-19-2008, 04:04 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,961 times
I'm glad to see the state is valuing the welfare of its taxpayers, elderly, and poor higher than a feud between two egos (Chavez and Bush).

"Daddy, what will I do? That other president called me names in front of all my friends (?) at the UN.... whahhhahhh."
"Well son, to be honest you've made a bit of a hash of your two terms haven't you? National deficit of 11 Trillion, dollar in the toilet, economy in tatters, half the world hates us and we're at war with the other half. If only Jeb hadn't missed the filing deadline..."

Comet et al: I appreciate your position, but any port in a $5/gallon storm, eh?

Old 07-19-2008, 05:07 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
I'm glad to see the state is valuing the welfare of its taxpayers, elderly, and poor higher than a feud between two egos (Chavez and Bush).

"Daddy, what will I do? That other president called me names in front of all my friends (?) at the UN.... whahhhahhh."
"Well son, to be honest you've made a bit of a hash of your two terms haven't you? National deficit of 11 Trillion, dollar in the toilet, economy in tatters, half the world hates us and we're at war with the other half. If only Jeb hadn't missed the filing deadline..."

Comet et al: I appreciate your position, but any port in a $5/gallon storm, eh?
I find it intriguing that a person choosing to live in a state who's motto is "Live Free or Die", advocates doing business with a communist that deprives his citizens of many of their rights.

Old 07-19-2008, 05:39 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
I find it intriguing that a person choosing to live in a state who's motto is "Live Free or Die", advocates doing business with a communist that deprives his citizens of many of their rights.
Sadly, the tide of "live free or die" has changed in New Hampshire the past 3 or 4 years, most notably with the 17.5% budget increased pushed through by those elected in 2006. Too many fees increases, taxes and nanny state laws have been proposed and/or implemented to mention. Many are moving here from other states for "cheaper housing" and "less crowding" than the states that they move from-yet they bring the mentality that brought down the quality of life in their former state. Unfortunately not enough people like you and mosrto(another poster) are moving here.

Hopefully you, your wife and other like-minded individuals will move here before November and we can turn the tide in this state before it is too far in the wrong direction.

Old 07-19-2008, 06:02 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motoracer51 View Post
motoracer51 our pal rmcewan is actually I think a pretty sharp chap and most of the time does contribute many positive points to this board! (By the way rmcewan, I will DM you my address so you can send me the pay off $$$$$!!!!, for saying that!)

Having said that, I do believe many people have been sucked into the I Hate Bush Syndrome to the point it truly blinds their judgment regarding so many points of view they have formed. Especially energy!!! If you listen to Nancy Peloci, Harry Reid, Arnold the Goovenator, Al Gore and all the usual suspects and if you have a pliable mind set you will begin to believe we no longer need to drill for oil or gas because all new cars and home heating units will be powered by solar voltaic cells, wind mills or advanced beanie hats with propellers!: p

It is so absurd and ludicrous and frightening what many of our American Brothers and Sisters believe! And even more scary is that these people Vote!!!!!: eek:

Sure Bush dropped the ball with regards to Iraq! Come on, almost 6 years with boots on the ground and he can't even flood the market with Iraqi Crude to off set those OPEC Scoundrels! If he was advised right he should have declared victory after he got saddam, zarkowie, and found out there were no wmds and then left but 6+ years and nutten! He failed in Iraq and I don't care what anyone says, those Iraqi people will always hate us and if we ain't gonna get that Oil, then we should get the heck out of there like tonight!

But just because Bush failed in Iraq does not mean he is a total failure as a president, as if our congress adopted his proposed energy policy in 2001 New Hampshire would not be in this mess! And when Bush finally demonstrated some leadership and held a press conference and lifted the presidential off shore drilling ban look what happened to the price of crude! It tanked and it would keep tanking if that ugly face with or without her face lift Peloci would unite with Bush and help all of us have lower Heating Oil and Gasoline Prices!!! But no, she is a selfish disgusting politician.

I blame the left wing wackos for our New Hampshire energy mess and this Hugo Chavez Oil deal, as these left wing wackos have embraced these dictators like Castro, and Hugo and so on. And yes IMHO Obama is a self serving Left wing wacko. Not that I like brain dead John McCain but I will have to vote for him over the Obama the fake Christian. I could care less about what his religion is but he made it an issue and I certainly do not believe he is a Christian.

Old 07-19-2008, 07:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
Oh I agree that the 'fuel relief' (whatever it is called) from our 'Venezuelan friends' (I actually typed that without my fingers cramping up!) is a joke. I've seen the ads down here as well. Problem is while I don't like oil from Venezuela - and we have stopped shopping from Citgo which is sorta a shame for the local owners who can't help where their gas comes from - I don't like getting oil from Saudi or Iran/q either! I'm ticked off at the democratic congress that insists that we can't do anything for ourselves and have to remain dependent on other countries because heaven forbid we put in an oil derick somewhere where a sheep or fish couldn't move around it

But when you start blocking cheap heating for people who can't afford to heat their homes any other way.... it gets kinda dicey. Either you start up social programs that NH doesn't like (and MD has way too many of) or you let people freeze. Either way there's a problem, and our 'friends'<cough> at Citgo look golden for trying to help. oy.

Yes, I agree that bush-bashing (well, be fair: bashing whoever the current president is!) is de rigouer. But what people just don't realize is that a president doesn't have as much power as they (or the candidates running for office) think they have. It's congress who makes the laws, passes the slashed budgets, approves spending money we don't have just because someone asked for it.... a president may be able to declare war, but congress has to approve and fund it. And if congress wants to institute sanctions against a country that has openly stated it's hatred of us... they could not accept any oil from Venezuela - but they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire