Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2007, 05:03 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,475,641 times

Advertisements

I just found out there is an airport in Keene. I visited its website and it looked like a Civil Air Patrol/Training/small plane type of airport.

I'm wondering: are there any scheduled flights there, especially to New York?

Never mind. I just found out the information I needed.

But can anyone on the forum who has used this airport give information about the experience? What amenities are there? Is there a place to eat? What kinds of planes are used to fly passengers to Newark, (which is the only service to New York they offer, according to the webpage I accessed)?

Last edited by arel; 01-22-2007 at 05:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 03:11 PM

32 posts, read 131,226 times
I've lived in Keene most of my life, and I think I've been to the airport maybe three times. There used to be an Indian restaurant there, but that was a good 10 years ago. There are restaurants nearby though.

As far as what kind of planes there are, I've only ever seen small charter and personal planes fly out of there. It's not usually advertised as a travel airport - most people drive to Manchester or Hartford if they plan on traveling.

I'm not an authority by any means, I'm just letting you know what I've observed.

I hope I helped a little!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:27 AM

1,442 posts, read 6,475,641 times
You did. Thank you.

I got some more information I needed on the Vermont forum, on the thread "Airports near Brattleboro".

From what I have learned, there is an airline that provides service between Keene, NH and Newark, NJ. One can then take a train or bus into NYC.

I do not know what kind of plane they use. Probably a small commuter plane although the airport's website said they can take bigger planes.

But the flight itself is the shortest leg of the trip! For the 1 1/2 hours it takes to drive to Hartford, and then the 2 hours you are supposed to wait before flying, and then the flight itself, and then the train to NYC, it might be more time efficient to just drive, or to take the train out of Brattleboro.

But sometimes you need to get somewhere fast, or you have to get somewhere and do not want or be able to use your car. It's good to know of alternatives.

Sorry about the deletion above. I wanted to add to the post but somehow it came out as a new post. So I deleted the original post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire