Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times

Advertisements

Yes, the tree damage in the Ossipee was just horrific as I look at some of the pictures. I drove through that area only a few months ago so I am a little familiar with the surroundings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFRRACING View Post
i was reading in the fosters this morning that the alton new durham area got hit pretty hard from the storms that passed through there. i hope everyone is ok. i know here we had a golf coarse that had over a hundred trees blow down and the national weather service is out there checking to see if it was a toranado. out here in cny were getting alot of toranado warnings lately... i was just looking at the pictures from wmur 9 and there is alot of damage. looks like the same storm that ripped through here the night before. check out this video from u tube....

YouTube - N.H. Storm Kills One, Destroys Several Homes
JFR - When we lived in the Mid-Hudson region of NY we had a few small tornados touch down around us the last few years were were there. Fortunately, they caused much less damage than what blew through parts of NH yesterday.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:13 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,302,661 times
Exclamation are toranado sirens were going off

here are some videos of the same storm system you got in nh as we got the day before in cny. this is about 20 minutes from me. they said winds were around a 100 mph...

NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Local News - Video - Lee Center cleans up after early morning storms blow through the area

NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Local News - Video - Lee Center cleans up after early morning storms blow through the area

Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
JFR - When we lived in the Mid-Hudson region of NY we had a few small tornados touch down around us the last few years were were there. Fortunately, they caused much less damage than what blew through parts of NH yesterday.

we have had a lot of toranado warnings out here. as far as nh, i spent my whole life growing up there and we never had storms like that. i know the storms up here in the northeast are getting a lot worse then they used to be. it's pretty scary..

Old 07-25-2008, 09:49 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
we have had a lot of toranado warnings out here. as far as nh, i spent my whole life growing up there and we never had storms like that. i know the storms up here in the northeast are getting a lot worse then they used to be. it's pretty scary..
I think some of the increase in violent storms in New England is related to climate change.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plains10 View Post
I think some of the increase in violent storms in New England is related to climate change.

also i'll tell you it's not just new england, i currently live in upstate ny and it's getting really bad here to. when we first moved here 5 years ago from nh it wasn't bad like it is now. we didn't get toranado warnings up here like we do now. we have had 6 toranado warnings since may. it's getting pretty scary...

Old 07-25-2008, 02:18 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times
I hope all of you are ok after the crazy storms. There was an article on MSN home page about all the storms in NH.

I have wondered too if global warming hasnt been the cause of us getting hotter and summers lasting longer.

Old 07-25-2008, 03:15 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Quote:
here are some videos of the same storm system you got in nh as we got the day before in cny. this is about 20 minutes from me. they said winds were around a 100 mph...

great post JFRRACING! I tried to give you rep points but I am in rep jail again! By the way I have experienced a total of 3 tornadoes! Sometimes there is absolutely no funnel cloud but the wind shear, movement and force is absolutely the same!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:36 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,174,827 times
Looks like the tornado is now "official" Experts: Tornado Tore Through 9 New Hampshire Towns - New Hampshire Weather News Story - WMUR Manchester (http://www.wmur.com/weather/16988154/detail.html - broken link)

Old 07-26-2008, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Looks like the tornado is now "official" Experts: Tornado Tore Through 9 New Hampshire Towns - New Hampshire Weather News Story - WMUR Manchester (http://www.wmur.com/weather/16988154/detail.html - broken link)

wow, i can't beleave that, living there my whole life and having relatives from ossippi and wolfeboro. i spent alot of my child hood up there and we never had anything like that happen. the climate is really changing, no dought...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire