Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 02:34 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times

Advertisements

I just want to tell everyone to be careful out there this afternoon because several counties in NH are now under flood warnings. Rainfall amounts this afternoon could be as high as 3-4 inches. Class IV roads and lower could be difficult to navigate on with this much water.

Report your rain totals so far if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,325,477 times
This weather is horrible. We were under a tornado watch in Laconia. Luckily that expired and it is just a flood watch until 9:30. We had very heavy rain, strong thunder and lightning and wind. We are on our "third round" of heavy rain right now. I cannot believe the pictures on the news from Epsom, Alton, Barnstead. New Durham was hit pretty hard too. Some of the homes in Epsom are totally wiped out-roofs lifted of the houses. The pictures are sad and totally unbelieveable. My husband drives through Alton and is on his way home I am curious to see what his experience is like.

I hope everyone stays safe. We really have had wild and nasty weather over the last month or so. Heavy storms, flooding, hail and now tornado/tornado like damage.

Old 07-24-2008, 03:02 PM

1,239 posts, read 2,008,006 times
All I have to say is YAY for the sump pump/french drain I had installed this spring! Normally I'd be in my basement right now vacuuming out gallons of water. I used B-Dry out of Maine. It's so nice to sit here and be dry!!!

I am so sick of this rain! And my roses are not happy. But thankfully I've had no home damage. I feel awful for those who do.

Old 07-24-2008, 04:55 PM

120 posts, read 1,171,126 times
hope everyone is ok in NH. I saw on the news it got hit hard, even a tornado touched down. stay safe.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:48 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
I can not believe some of the damage photos that I saw on the WMUR website. I saw pictures of damage in Epsom, Alton, Barnstead, Wolfeboro, New Durham, and Ossipee. The damage pictures from the storm that went through Ossipee near Rt 16 and the Granite Road area look to be that of an EF1 tornado or severe straight line wind damage. The reasoning that I have for this are telephone poles snapped into pieces. My thoughts are with all of those that have sustained damage from these storms

Old 07-25-2008, 04:35 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
They said last night on the news that they were pretty sure some of the grass patterns (I think that's what they were showing) indicated it was a tornado that went through one area, possibly more. The weather people who decide if it was a tornado are supposed to be in the area today....scary stuff by looking at the photos and listening to the people interviewed!

Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
The squash have already taken over much of the garden and are working on the tomatoes and the shrubs. They love the rain. Fortunately we only got about 2 inches yesterday. I’ll have to go out there this weekend and cut the squash back. Again.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 AM

885 posts, read 2,660,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
They said last night on the news that they were pretty sure some of the grass patterns (I think that's what they were showing) indicated it was a tornado that went through one area, possibly more. The weather people who decide if it was a tornado are supposed to be in the area today....scary stuff by looking at the photos and listening to the people interviewed!
Dare, those were TREES in a spiral pattern.

Last edited by rmcewan; 07-25-2008 at 06:22 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 06:27 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,331 times
i was reading in the fosters this morning that the alton new durham area got hit pretty hard from the storms that passed through there. i hope everyone is ok. i know here we had a golf coarse that had over a hundred trees blow down and the national weather service is out there checking to see if it was a toranado. out here in cny were getting alot of toranado warnings lately... i was just looking at the pictures from wmur 9 and there is alot of damage. looks like the same storm that ripped through here the night before. check out this video from u tube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9K6wjyi7oA

Last edited by JFRRACING; 07-25-2008 at 07:46 AM..

Old 07-25-2008, 07:52 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,175,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcewan View Post
Dare, those were TREES in a spiral pattern.
rmcewan - Thank you for correcting me! I didn't have my glasses on and was on my way to bed when I looked at the TV....I thought it was kinda tall grass, but it didn't "register" in my sleepy brain/eyes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire