U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:13 PM

2,489 posts, read 5,465,116 times

Advertisements

Boo last posted on the 25th - I'm not sure where she lives other than 'In my garden" <g>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 07:19 PM

3,859 posts, read 6,951,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
Boo last posted on the 25th - I'm not sure where she lives other than 'In my garden" <g>
Thanks DTD. For some reason I thought she may have mentioned CA. I just hope she and all our other mia friends check in soon.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:25 PM

213 posts, read 333,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
30 seconds of shaking and my wife screaming.....lol...... Sorry, I laugh at her all the time. No damage here, just a lot of boring news coverage on the TV.

Your t-storms are much more of a story than any old ground shaking out here. It was fun though.

Captjob
Youre right there, Capt.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:23 PM

909 posts, read 1,958,938 times
I called my folks immediately after I read about it. They live pretty close to the center, but they're okay, thought it was rather exciting, but not much more

Old 07-29-2008, 10:47 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,744,689 times
Hi everyone. Well I see you all heard about our excitment today. Stupid a** quakes. We felt a slight rolling motion, just enough for everyone to go um..and then we got a good sized jolt. My little dog Tandie, didnt know what to do, so she feel to the floor and actually cried. I ran over to get her, and we made our way to the front door. Then it was over. God I hate those. My nerves havent been doing too good lately, I swear that was the last thing I needed. But we are all ok, that is the main thing. We also lost our internet for a few mins and of course the phones werent working, only for about 10 mins. Since we are about 40 mins from the epicenter, we havent felt the aftershocks, thank God. We only felt the major part of the quake. It has been down graded to a 5.6.

The Northridge quake we had out here in 91 was way stronger, it was a 6.8. Now that will give you some shaking. I forgot how they measure them, it is something like for every point it is the intensity goes up by 10 times, something like that. They said on the news that when the San Andreas goes off, it will be like 100,000 times stronger than the one today. I hope to God we arent here when that sucker goes off.

Thank you so much everyone for all your DM's and your posts. It means a lot to me. I really love how caring everyone is here. Makes you feel good to belong with this group of people.

I am not sure how well I will sleep tonight, as I already cant sleep on most nights lately, for us anxious folks who are already on "high alert" things like this tend to stay with you a bit. But it will be fine. Life goes on.

I think I agree with you guys, the snow is looking pretty good. Of course the last time I lived through a blizzard I was 16, but still, it sounds much better than the earth moving under your feet.

Boo lives in Ventura, Cali. I dont think they felt it out that far. I think she is busy with her kids as summer is coming to a close, school starts in a few weeks here. She is probably out doing Mommy things with them.

Old 07-29-2008, 11:03 PM

1,187 posts, read 2,235,888 times
Glad to hear from you Suzet - and that everyone made it through ok. Just let each experience make you stronger - each one you go through teaches you how strong you really are.

Thanks for the update on Boo too - each one we know is ok in our family of people is a reason to be thankful.

Again glad all is ok - my hubby's grandmother lives in Pico Rancho - outside of LA, we haven't called due to the warning of how much the phones have been clogged. She's in her 80's - so I'll be calling tomorrow to check on her I'm sure.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:41 AM

3,542 posts, read 9,037,017 times
Wink get out here

glad everything is alright... glad to hear you are fine suzet.. you need to hurry up and move to the east coast before the west coast fall into the ocean...

Old 07-30-2008, 07:56 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,054,342 times
glad you're ok, Suzette! And Boo, too. (and CptJob and anyone else out there in CA!). Maybe you should talk to your herbalist again and see about getting something a touch stronger (more valerian in it or something) for emergencies! I know you said you seemed to feel a little better.

BTW, what did DH decide about Peru? or is that opening up a can of worms?

Old 07-30-2008, 08:02 AM

2,489 posts, read 5,465,116 times
So glad everyone in Cali is okay!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 6,951,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareToDream View Post
So glad everyone in Cali is okay!
Me Too!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire