Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2008, 02:20 PM

38 posts, read 46,428 times

Advertisements

Thinking about relocating to Nashua, NH - How is traffic in Nashua freeway's? From like say Nashua, NH to Nashua Landing to Boston?

I heard they were thinking of a railway ? or revamping the 1960 railway ?

What are some of the safer areas to rent in Nashua?

What areas to stay away from in Nashua?

Anybody know if any new construction has started down by Nashua Landing project? by the river

It is supposed to be huge shopping center with new Whole Foods Market?

Any other input on Nashua, NH would be appreciated...

Im am native californian of 30yrs.

I here Nashua has great 4 seasons - 60" snow seasons? 40" rain seasons?

is it really humid? in summers?

how hot is hot in summer?

Ive already checked tons websites, please reply with personal experiences please.

I would prefer to live in southern nashua, so im closer to Nashua Landing area.

What area's out that way can be nice area to rent, single family homes or condo or ?

Price range, not more then $1000.00 per month

2bdr

Like areas with alot trees

Which part of Nashua is older neighborhood? that prob would be the area that would have more trees.

thx for all input
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 05:36 PM

951 posts, read 1,654,422 times
Use the search tab above.....punch in "Nashua" and you will get tons of stuff from previous threads.

Old 08-10-2008, 06:42 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,033,177 times
Never heard of Nashua Landing?!

Traffic in Nashua is heavier than many towns, but not as bad as Manchester - it's the second largest city in the state, and right on the border with Mass, so it's got heavy traffic that you'd expect. Worst is driving Rt 3 south into Mass during commute times - then it crawls (it's only, what? 3 lanes wide at most?).

Nashua is not as hot as SoCal, not as humid as many states. It can get muggy and uncomfortable in the summer, but it doesn't usually last too long at a stretch. If you check the city-data website (not the forum) for Nashua, it has a number of graphs showing all about the climate. Last winter was particularly snowy (nearly every few days) and this summer is unusually rainy. Neither are typical these past few years.

Old 08-11-2008, 05:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
The old bridge crossing the Merrimac River between Nashua and Hudson is a gigantic PIA during most daylight periods except 6 AM on a Saturday or Sunday. Avoiding this traffic is one, the cold is another, reason I intend to move after I retire.

Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 AM

179 posts, read 435,963 times
Quote:

Traffic in Nashua is heavier than many towns, but not as bad as Manchester -

I think it depends where in Nashua, around all the shopping, traffic stinks there. Personally, I think it is worse in that particular section than Manchester's shopping district.

As far as from Nashua to Boston, I have no idea. I have driven to Boston 4 times this week from Manchester, and the traffic wasn't bad until right before the bridge going into Boston. Boston itself is just nuts.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:46 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
Talking No wasting gas today

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinster View Post
Thinking about relocating to Nashua, NH - How is traffic in Nashua freeway's? From like say Nashua, NH to Nashua Landing to Boston?

I heard they were thinking of a railway ? or revamping the 1960 railway ?

What are some of the safer areas to rent in Nashua?

What areas to stay away from in Nashua?

Anybody know if any new construction has started down by Nashua Landing project? by the river

It is supposed to be huge shopping center with new Whole Foods Market?

TRAFFIC TODAY IS MOVING PRETTY GOOD....NO TIE UPS
Any other input on Nashua, NH would be appreciated...

Im am native californian of 30yrs.

I here Nashua has great 4 seasons - 60" snow seasons? 40" rain seasons?

is it really humid? in summers?

how hot is hot in summer?

Ive already checked tons websites, please reply with personal experiences please.

I would prefer to live in southern nashua, so im closer to Nashua Landing area.

What area's out that way can be nice area to rent, single family homes or condo or ?

Price range, not more then $1000.00 per month

2bdr

Like areas with alot trees

Which part of Nashua is older neighborhood? that prob would be the area that would have more trees.

thx for all input

TAFFIC IS MOVING PRETTY DARN GOOD TODAY....NO TIE UPS

Old 10-23-2008, 04:43 PM

680 posts, read 2,439,983 times
Traffic is all relative. I've heard people here complaining about the "constant, terrible traffic" around Nashua, but compared to what I'm used to in CA, it's negligible. I was driving from Nashua through Manchester and up north during rush hour two days ago and while it was heavier than it would have been in the middle of the state, it never stopped moving, it was never stop and go, people consistently let me merge, and I was never going much less than the speed limit. I'm sure driving south towards Boston would have been another story. I've never done that during rush hour and never would!

I have heard rumors about Amtrak opening a line in Nashua but so far only rumors. It is true that Whole Foods is scheduled to open at some point but I don't know whether construction has started or whether they'll scale back now that the economy is in trouble.

HTH

Old 10-23-2008, 09:25 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,944,147 times
I would imagine that compared to CA, the traffic in Nashua isn't bad to deal with. But for those who have lived in southern NH for years, the traffic is bad and getting worse all the time. DW "highway" is a joke to try and get through at certain hours of the day. Thank goodness for back roads

In July, the Nashua Landing project was granted a 1 year extension to break ground, and most likely will begin work in spring 2009. It's a HUGE project--45 acres of shops (including the Whole Foods store) a cinema, restaurants, and a parking garage. It'll be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out... I've been to the Whole Paycheck, I mean Whole Foods in Andover MA. My Chevy stuck out like a poor sore thumb in the parking lot full of Volvo & Lexus SUV's...

And what's that you say, JFR? Somebody has tied you up?? I'm SHOCKED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH2008 View Post
Traffic is all relative. I've heard people here complaining about the "constant, terrible traffic" around Nashua, but compared to what I'm used to in CA, it's negligible.
<snip>
I have heard rumors about Amtrak opening a line in Nashua but so far only rumors. It is true that Whole Foods is scheduled to open at some point but I don't know whether construction has started or whether they'll scale back now that the economy is in trouble.

Last edited by Valerie C; 10-23-2008 at 09:36 PM..

Old 10-24-2008, 06:24 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,673 times
traffics moving great unless there's funneral....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire