Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:21 PM

14 posts, read 55,856 times

Advertisements

My family and I moved to New Hampshire from Southern California and we can't wait to get the hell out! Where do I even begin with this crappy state?

Okay, let's talk about the weather first. We are in the Milford area in southern NH and the winter here is hell! I can't even tell you how many feet of snow we got last winter. At first you might think it would be charming but by April we were going stir crazy from being stuck in the house.

And if you think shoveling this crap is fun, forget it! After 800th snowfall we all had sore backs and were simply tired of digging our car out of this white mess. And if the snow isn't enough then the sub-zero temperatures and icy roads of death made it even worse.

And we're in southern NH! Not northern NH! Think I'm kidding? Then see this story about last year's record snowfall from the Nashua Telegraph:

Nashuatelegraph.com: Record snowfall closes out 2007 in New England (http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080101/NEWS02/131785766 - broken link)

On top of that the people are cold and distant. They don't like newcomers and there's quite a lot of quiet backstabbing that goes on. Even if they are polite face to face, they will stab you in the back when talking to other natives.

And - as if that wasn't enough - these people are all gun nuts! You see people with pistols strapped to their hips walking around! And it's legal here. Yes, they can do it and the police can't stop them. The entire state is filled with gun toting lunatics.

One of the worst things we saw was a guy in a pickup truck drive by with a dead deer on the hood! The poor thing had blood dripping off of it and this vicious monster drove right by my kids. I could not believe it! And the freaks in this icy hellhole seem to think it's just fine and normal! Apparently they encourage this kind of sick animal violence.

And don't get me started about the property taxes either! They are OUT OF SIGHT!!! I could not believe how much more we paid in taxes here than in southern california. Of course they don't have an income or sales tax...they don't need one! They simply make enough by gouging property owners.

And please don't tell me how "progressive" NH is becoming. I have found it to be the complete opposite. A lot of the so-called Democrats here can be classified as republicans. Some of the democrats are gun nuts too! Aren't democrats supposed to support common sense gun control? This whole place is absolutely insane and I can't wait to get my husband and kids the hell out of here.

Live Free or Die? Ha! Leave, freeze or die is more like it! To heck with this icy wasteland! We are headed back to southern california and we're leaving the deer killers, snotty natives and idiotic gun nuts behind!

Oh and for those of you who think that NH has a low crime rate, you're crazy! There are all kinds of shootings (a cop even got killed) in Manchester, along with home invasions, drug dealers and a very high rate of drug overdose deaths. Maybe there was a time when NH had a low crime rate but not now. I felt safer in southern california than I do in this backward, desolate mess of a state.

On top of all that there are pedophiles galore all over the place. For some reason this state has a higher rate of pedophiles than other states. If you've got kids NH is one of the worst states to bring them to! You better keep an eye on them 24 x 7. And they are also having big trouble with gangs here too. I thought we'd left that behind in california but now it's happening here. MS-13 and other gangs are building their numbers here and crime is on a huge upswing!

And what are these backward hick cops doing about it? Not much. They just seem to be letting it happen. Thanks but no thanks. We are headed out of here and back to California. At least they have semi-effective police there who know how to deal with gangs.

This republican-infested little backwater of a state is filled with cops that don't know their ass from their elbow. So watch out if you decide to move to the state of New Hampshire.

Last edited by jaynesmithers; 08-18-2008 at 03:37 PM..

Old 08-18-2008, 03:24 PM

Can a moderator fix the link I posted to that story in the Nashua Telegraph? It doesn't appear to be working. Sorry, I am new here and not used to this forum software. Thank you if you can fix it.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:26 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,245,210 times
Bye- Bye

Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM

91 posts, read 307,782 times
NH isn't for everyone. I hope you find happiness back in CA!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:41 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,325,477 times
Welcome to the NH forum and Good Bye.

Amazing- first post ever on Citi Data. All this time you had issues with NH and you never logged on here before for help or advice.

Sounds like you and CA will be perfect together.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:48 PM

20 posts, read 75,129 times
I really hope this post isn't for real.....it seems like trolling, but hey, you never know.

No...the weather in NH will never be like CA....and thats fine with me. I'm from western NY, so I'm used to snow!

I haven't had any problems with the people so far....they aren't all like that.

As for gun laws.....I love NH! NY is too much like CA...and you can keep your lousy Democratic gun laws there too.

Try Mass if you don't like NH.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:50 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,303,331 times
Talking good night irene

GO BACK TO CALI AND ENJOY YOUR GROUND SHAKING QUAKING GOOD TIME YEE HAAA...NO THANKYOU.....THANKS FOR VISITING...next time do your home work before you move or it will bite you in the !@%*^$#..........http://bestsmileys.com/lol/14.gif (broken link)

Old 08-18-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Welcome to the NH forum and Good Bye.

Amazing- first post ever on Citi Data. All this time you had issues with NH and you never logged on here before for help or advice.

Sounds like you and CA will be perfect together.
I admit that we were naieve and we did not do enough research. But we had seen some articles about how great NH was and we wanted to give it a try. We know now that it was a mistake and we regret it.

I cannot wait to be back in sunny southern california.

By the way, I apologize if my message offended anyone. I did not mean to be nasty but I said what I was feeling and I think that's the best way to go. But I don't mean to be nasty to anybody personally who prefers NH.

To each their own.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,366 times
it sounds like you will be dearly missed. sounds like california is perfect for you. i'm sorry new hampshire didn't CHANGE for YOU.

Old 08-18-2008, 03:57 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,211 times
Hi Jayne, You really don't need to move all the way across the country for the kind of lifestyle you miss. New2NH's suggestion of trying Mass is a good one, and having lived in both NH & SoCal, I second the suggestion, unless you're missing the SoCal climate, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire