Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 05:52 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times

Advertisements

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm getting confused as to who is on the forum just to chat, who is on the forum because they're thinking of relocating, who is on the forum because they used to live in NH and moved away and who is on the forum because they live in the state.....I know, it doesn't take much to confuse me!

How about everyone chiming in - if you're interested in relocating, how about mentioning which area of the state you're thinking of?

I'm here because I live here..... I don't remember how I found the forum, but when we first moved I had tons of questions about the state and the people here were gracious enough to be EXTREMELY patient and answer my questions....I'm now addicted to the forum!

Anybody else what to chime in? Please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 06:13 PM

2,360 posts, read 5,246,580 times
I'm origionally from N.H. I was born in Rochester and lived i n NH 48 years. I lived in Rochester, Hampton, Exeter, Northwood and Deerfield before moving down here 8 years ago.I bought a log cabin up in Effingham NH a little over a year ago and plan on moving back as soon as i can sell my house down here.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:29 PM

39 posts, read 150,430 times
I'm here because I'm thinking of relocating to NH. Currently, I live in Harrisburg, PA, but, I'm originally from the Finger Lakes region of upstate NY.

VM 13

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM

793 posts, read 1,342,961 times
I live in Londonderry, NH.

I was born and raised in Maine and then moved to CA. and spent 25 years there. Loved it when I was young and wild, but got married and had two kids and things changed. I convinced my native Californian husband that we should move to New England and NH is the state we chose.

Ironically, I found the Citi-Data board after we had relocated.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:30 PM

92 posts, read 242,438 times
Hi Dare

So I am not the only one confused.

anyway you know about me and through this website I have met a great person and would love to meet many others.
Bike week hopefully for a certain someone

there are great people on here and this is why this board the NH board is the best one going including the mods like Suzet and Casey.

Ken
I love log cabins ever since I spent time in east TN.

Did you have it built for you and if so which company did you go though?

Old 08-24-2008, 06:33 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,035,160 times
http://bestsmileys.com/lol/6.gif (broken link) Dare, I'm frequently confused - about many things!!!

I grew up in NH - Hollis & New Ipswich (yeah, I know: no one's ever heard of the latter). Still planning to come back in 4 years.

Old 08-24-2008, 06:45 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Hi-

I'm originally born and raised on Long Island, NY. Lived there for about 20 years, moved to Florida for about 10 years after that. Currently we're living out here in western Colorado for the last 1.5 years.

My wife wants to move back to the east coast to be closer to her family, and basically NH, and with a slight possibility Pennsylvania, are the only tolerable places to live with the least oppression.

4 things are holding me back basically.

1. Current and future political situation
2. Property taxes, and implications from #1
3. Heating costs.
4. Winter.

I come here and read the forums for information. From time to time, I'll contribute.

I found this forum when I was searching for demographic data about Colorado.

Thanks

John

Last edited by motoracer51; 08-24-2008 at 07:43 PM..

Old 08-24-2008, 06:58 PM

24 posts, read 89,419 times
Default I am native through and through

Lived in Warner when I was a toddler, moved to Meredith and Laconia and built a house in Sandwich with my hubby 6 plus years ago. I know a little about a lot of everything when it comes to living here. I found this site just by surfing the web also. One of the better forums regarding NH. People are friendly and if not we get shut off! What do you want to know? Just ask. Someone can fill you.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:04 PM

472 posts, read 1,710,036 times
I'm sold on relocating, but our local housing market is dead as corduroy, so I'll have to wait until we can move. I grew up (in part) in Connecticut and Rhode Island, so I guess it's a case of "once and future" New Englander.

Old 08-24-2008, 07:05 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,451,966 times
I get confused often too, Dare...
If it helps I'll recap: I was born & raised on LI, NY and moved to Brookline, NH when I met my DH. Felt the move from LI to NH was beneficial enough to actually add years to my life. Moved to SoCal when our daughter was 6 mos. old, and spent 10 yrs there hoping we'd be able to return to NH. Last Aug. (1 year ago!) we moved back to Hollis
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire