Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 01:23 PM

2,110 posts, read 6,955,436 times

Advertisements

Yay!! We went last night when DH got home to Amtrak and picked up our tickets. As most of you know, I have been planning this trip for quite awhile now. Lets hope nothing gets in the way of this trip.

We will be in NH on Oct 14th and 15th Soooo, if anyone will be in the area on those dates

Lisa, I was thinking of you last night while we were driving. We had to drive to Van Nuys to get the tickets. Well with my anxiety being the way it is, I had my little breathing bag with me the whole time. I had to breathe in it most of the way down there. By the time we got to the train station, I was seeing like 3 of my hubbie. I had hyperventilated so bad...stupid attacks!! But, in the end, I got my tickets!!

Any of you, who thank god, dont suffer from panic attacks, you have no idea how lucky you are. You can get in your car and just go. For us panicky folks it can be brutal at times. The drive is almost never pleasurable. But we get through it. And yah, I have my tickets...hahahaha. It was worth having the attack.

While we were at the train station, one of the huge trains pulled up to drop off passengers, so DH and I walked up and down the train, and could look into the windows of some of the sleeper cars, they are a little on the small side, but I am sure we will be just fine. I am so excited. I hope we wont be too late for the foliage. At this point, I dont really care, I just want to get out there
Attached Thumbnails
Fall Vacation is a go!!!-002.jpg   Fall Vacation is a go!!!-003.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 01:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
I am so very very happy for you and your family. I know that you have been waiting a very long time for this.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:36 PM

885 posts, read 2,660,249 times
That is bloomin' marvelous Suzet!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:37 PM

2,257 posts, read 8,168,736 times
Great news, Suzet! I'm excited for you.

You most certainly will not be too late for the foliage. If anything, you'll be a bit early for peak colours in southern NH, but there will undoubtedly be some beautiful colours for you to enjoy. You'll probably notice that there is less colour along the coast in MA when you visit, because the mild seaside weather means that most of the leaves there don't turn until the end of October.

It's too bad you can't go further north in NH, but I'm sure you won't be able to wait for your next trip.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:40 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,579,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzet2262 View Post
Yay!! We went last night when DH got home to Amtrak and picked up our tickets. As most of you know, I have been planning this trip for quite awhile now. Lets hope nothing gets in the way of this trip.

We will be in NH on Oct 14th and 15th Soooo, if anyone will be in the area on those dates

Lisa, I was thinking of you last night while we were driving. We had to drive to Van Nuys to get the tickets. Well with my anxiety being the way it is, I had my little breathing bag with me the whole time. I had to breathe in it most of the way down there. By the time we got to the train station, I was seeing like 3 of my hubbie. I had hyperventilated so bad...stupid attacks!! But, in the end, I got my tickets!!

Any of you, who thank god, dont suffer from panic attacks, you have no idea how lucky you are. You can get in your car and just go. For us panicky folks it can be brutal at times. The drive is almost never pleasurable. But we get through it. And yah, I have my tickets...hahahaha. It was worth having the attack.

While we were at the train station, one of the huge trains pulled up to drop off passengers, so DH and I walked up and down the train, and could look into the windows of some of the sleeper cars, they are a little on the small side, but I am sure we will be just fine. I am so excited. I hope we wont be too late for the foliage. At this point, I dont really care, I just want to get out there
Wait a minute!!! Wait a minute!!! Who's going to moderate this forum while you're gone??

I'm so very happy for you Suzet that you finally get to visit NH!

I'm so sorry for the attacks you get - those attacks will probably go away when you're in NH while breathing the clean fresh air as well as being around GREAT scenery/people/food that you won't go back to CA with your Husband.

Congrats!!

Old 08-29-2008, 01:57 PM

3,459 posts, read 10,263,765 times
I'll watch it for her! She deserves this trip. I'd love to meet you suz, but for the VT portion of your trip you won't be very close . There is always next time ,especially if you end up moving!

Old 08-29-2008, 03:05 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
Terrific news, Suzet!
You've endured the trip to Amtrak and reached your goal of getting your tickets!!!
And getting the opportunity to check out the train & sleeper cars was such a bonus.
I'm so happy for you

Old 08-29-2008, 04:54 PM

264 posts, read 616,563 times
Suzet that's Great!

We will be leaving the day before you arrive. I will lay out bread crumbs for you to follow. They should take you from North Conway, along the Kanc, over to Polly's and into Littleton.

Have a great vacation!

Captjob

Old 08-29-2008, 05:00 PM

132 posts, read 356,281 times
Oh Congrats Suzet(on getting the tickets and your vacation). I am so excited for you!!!!! Have a great time. I know you will love it.

Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 PM

63 posts, read 132,512 times
Yay! I'm so happy this is going to happen for you! We'll be leaving the day before you arrive and will be certain not to mess up any of Captjob's bread crumb trail as we tromp out. Have a wonderful time. (Think "cozy" and "comforting" when you're considering those sleeper rooms. I think you'll love the gentle rocking of the train...very soothing.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire