Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:50 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,466,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtp4prez View Post
I need to know exactly who this organization is and who can inform me about their activities. I want to do a story on them. Homeland Security may also be interested in them as well. The last thing these goons want is publicity.
Check the local paper and the Caledonia record news paper as well there are stories on them already.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM

24 posts, read 75,054 times
Would love to hear what's happening in Lancaster today. Anyone want to share their observations?

Old 12-03-2007, 05:39 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,154,962 times
OBnurse - Not really sure what you want to know about Lancaster - nhyrnut - lives there. If he doesn't post soon, you may want to DM him....other than that, it's snowing in Lancaster today

Old 12-03-2007, 07:25 AM

Thanks, DaretoDream. Wish I were there (I think). We're considering moving up that way within a couple of years.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:48 AM

OBNurse - We moved from the Mid-Hudson region of NY to Littleton in April of 2006 and haven't regretted making the move. Lancaster isn't far from here, maybe 20-30 minutes? I've been through the town and it seems very nice, but haven't spent any time there...Yet.

We did experience some "culture shock" with our move, but it was nice "culture shock" if that makes any sense. The area is much slower-paced and the people are friendly, reserved in the beginning, but friendly. We also found the winters up here, while cold, aren't all that bad - the roads are better taken care of here than in our area of NY so we've had no problems getting anywhere, which is nice.

Anyway, hopefully nhyrnut will show up and give you some answers

Old 12-03-2007, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the info. We're kinda slow paced people and hope the transition will fit us well. The main concern I have is this:

We're coming from a very small town, and I've lived here all my life. In the past I've somewhat resented when "newbies" would move in from who knows where and act as though they could "take over" and change things from the way they've always been. Call it conceited, call it unwelcoming, you may be right. But, here I am, possibly about to become one of those newbies in a similar place, and I don't want people to think of me what I've been thinking about others during my lifetime.

I'm just not thrilled about being on the other side of the coin- LOL.

Thanks again.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:54 PM

OBNurse - I'm 54 and had never lived anywhere other than the MHV in NY - I grew up in a small town, moved to another small town in that area but it had a huge influx of people, mostly from NYC post-9-11 - we were close enough for them to commute to NYC, but they didn't want to live there. A lot of them brought the attitude you were talking about - "Why don't you have...."...."We need...."...Unfortunately our town decided to listen to them and the area grew and become something we did not like, so we left <g>.

When we moved here, we took it slow and let people get to know us and realize the last thing we want is what we left, and it paid off - it took time, and it still takes time when meeting someone new, but we have been accepted by everyone we've met. As long as you come to the area and be yourselves and don't try to change the area to the one you left behind, you should be fine.

Old 12-03-2007, 04:06 PM

Thanks alot, DaretoDream. I know what you're saying is correct. And I know we're not looking to change anything...I guess it's just the fear of the unknown.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire