U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 09:52 AM

1,771 posts, read 4,479,823 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine is coming to visit this weekend and we really want to go to a GOOD haunted house/haunted hayride/haunted tour this weekend. Does anyone have any suggestions? This would be for somewhere that is for adults (ie- as scary/good as possible; as opposed to "cute" for kids).

Anywhere in NH is fine, even VT, ME, or MA would be ok if its not too far into those states...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 10:11 AM

528 posts, read 1,088,095 times
I have seen advertisements for Charmingfare Farm in Candia's haunted hay ride and In Litchfield Mel's Fun World is now a Halloween scare show.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:15 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,042,603 times
BF, Here's a link for you to a place in Litchfield I've heard advertised on the radio. I've never been there, so can't vouch for it's adult-horror-factor, and don't know if it's open yet: Nightmare New England

Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 AM

49 posts, read 118,448 times
[SIZE=2]MORBID MOUNTAIN : Halloween Screamfest & Haunted Hayride in Gilford, New Hampshire NH[/SIZE]

Old 10-07-2008, 12:04 PM

3,329 posts, read 8,780,741 times
Not sure where you are in NH, so this could be quite a hike, but "Dead North" at the Great Vermont Corn Maze in Danville, VT is supposed to be AWESOME this year.

Welcome To The Great Vermont Corn Maze

Danville is approx 7 miles west of St. Johnsbury which is about 20 miles west of Littleton.

Old 10-07-2008, 01:16 PM

4,558 posts, read 12,099,544 times
Good News!! There are going to be TWO great haunted house/forest attractions this year in Salem, NH.

Victorian Park (a mini-golf course/arcade) had been doing a Haunted Halloween for 10+ years (my oldest was an "actor" there the first 5 or so years) and it just gets better and better from what I hear, and is NOT recommended for little kids (at least after dark on weekend nights) Hopefully they didn't go and get all politically correct on us--I can remember my son screaming himself hoarse by the end of each weekend, and his makeup was QUITE gruesome and very well done!

Canobie Lake Amusement Park is going to be the setting for Spooky World this year (first time) which should be WAY COOL for those of us who just didn't think it was worth driving all the way down to Berlin, then Foxborough then the Bayside Expo. It used to be quite the place (Linda Blair made appearances each year) but of course now that it's moving to a more commercial (ie: kid friendly) place, it may have become more tame.

Have fun!!!

Old 10-07-2008, 01:53 PM

2,359 posts, read 4,489,086 times
Charmingfare Farms is always a good time. Their wintertime sleighrides are also a lot of fun. Their a really good bunch of people.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:49 AM

1,771 posts, read 4,479,823 times
Thanks everyone! Looks like I have some good suggestions- we'll go to one or two of them this weekend!

Also- far north (like Dead North) isn't a problem. We were planning on doing some Moose hunting (camera) and hiking up around Mt. Washington anyway...

Old 10-08-2008, 07:33 AM

263 posts, read 776,040 times
Default here's one:

I've seen this advertised but I have never gone. I plan to try it this year. Here's a link.
I guess they also have a cool corn maze which I want to bring my son to this weekend.

Coppal House Corn Maze & Farm - Haunted Overload (http://www.nhcornmaze.com/hauntedoverload.html - broken link)

Good Luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire