Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2008, 10:09 AM

248 posts, read 805,343 times

Advertisements

We just came back from our trip to NH and really enjoyed several areas. ( I did have another thread, but I've not heard much, so I'm trying something else ).

I was wondering about any Rec Departments, winter road upkeep, average commute to work and where the jobs are ...especially during this time in our economy. (I'm a teacher, I have links for that, and my husband is open to anything ). Any other small piece of information you have, link to the local newspaper or what life is like there would be fantastic.

The towns that we would like a little more information on are:
Andover
Antrim
Boscowen
Henniker
Sutton
Salisbury

Thank you again! Depending on the economy, we are trying to do this move coming summer of 09.
~dzmjp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 08:14 AM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,031 times
Boscowen is really an extension of Concord, so the opportunities are there for employment. Henniker, of course, if home to New England College and Pats Peak ski area. Salisbury is also close to Concord.

Sutton is a lovely area that only recently started to be developed. I don't know the other areas as well.

In my experience, every town has a recreation dept. and winter road upkeep is very good.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 AM

248 posts, read 805,343 times
Default Thank you buck naked!

I appreciate your feedback!

Old 10-22-2008, 04:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 3,703,573 times
Concord Monitor and the Manchester Union Leader are the two newspapers that I know of in that area. Otherwise all I can say is NH are pro's at clearing roads - good luck in the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire