U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 11:53 AM

11 posts, read 19,358 times

Advertisements

I worked in Littleton from 75-78 and would visit the bookstore occasionlly, where there was an employee named Rusty. I walked in the store in 93, not having been there in 15 years. My appearance had changed somewhat, of course from bearded to clean shaven etc. When Rusty saw me he spoke first, saying without pause, "Gee you haven't been in here in a long time" .

Very few places on Earth where that could happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 12:36 PM

2,489 posts, read 7,269,975 times
Pretty neat, isn't it The music store, jewelry store, diner staff and Alburritos (spelling!) are the same way - even at the Eastgate there's one gal who remembered us after about a year.....

Old 03-23-2007, 07:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,118 times
Hi I was born in Littleton and my grandparents still live there. My Parents grew up there. I love going to Littleton to visit. It is always so peaceful. My favorite places are the Village Book store (I used to beg my grandparents to take me and my brother there), and Bishops ice cream parlor.

Old 03-23-2007, 09:00 AM

I forgot about Bishops - you're right - that's great too.....can you tell I REALLY like living in Littleton?

Old 06-21-2007, 09:37 AM

68 posts, read 202,377 times
The place to eat in Littleton is The Topic of The Town. Great food, great prices and great people who work there!!! They remember your name and even what you order(if you're a regular)! We moved here four years ago and have seen so many changes-a lot of growth. Since we've been here Home Depot, Lowes, Hampton Inn, Applebees, 99 Steak House,and Walgreens have all been added to town. There's "rush minute" every afternoon downtown around 4pm. In the summer it's all day. The bookstore is absolutely terrific!! Chutters is a really neat place, too. But, there is a new element that seems to be moving in and I see a lot of changes ahead for the town. Not necessarily building changes but attitude and safety changes. Hope I'm wrong. Littleton offers low income housing and a lot of people take advantage of that. They seem to come from all over. Housing prices have jumped quite a bit since we got here, too. We were pleasantly surprised to see homes with 3 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, liv, kit, dining, and extra room for low 100,000's. Now those prices are in the 200,000's. Taxes are going up, too. But, it's the same in the surrounding towns except maybe Lisbon and Monroe. It's been months since anyone has read this thread but I'm new to it so I thought I'd post. Have a nice day!

Old 06-21-2007, 10:29 AM

Hi calicocutie - You're right - The Topic of the Town does have good food! I had forgotten about that as well! We've been here a little over a year and have seen some changes, too. We bought a house in February for under 200K, so we were lucky...and it didn't need any work done on it! Funny you should mention taxes - we got our tax bill the other day and it was actually less than what we were told it would be, which surprised me, I figured if anything, it would be higher! I've heard rumors about a couple of new developments either going in or are in the planning stages to go in, but I don't know if that's true or not. So far I haven't seen/experienced much of an attitude/safety change, but then again, we haven't been up here as long as you have. We were in the music store the other day and I was going to go to Chutters as well, but then got side-tracked and never did go in, which is probably a good thing. Have a good one!

Old 07-26-2016, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 375 times
i am looking at a possible moveelocation to the Littleton area, just wanting to know is finding a 1 bedroom easy to find

Old 07-26-2016, 04:39 PM

3,173 posts, read 2,740,271 times
Wink Sometimes you have to "settle" for an extra bedroom you don't actually need

I recommend NNEREN for your RE search needs.

Seriously, 1-bedroom houses are not easy to find -- they are rare, perceived as having poor resale value. Plenty of 1BR apartments, even in Littleton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire