Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:14 PM

14 posts, read 24,859 times

Advertisements

I have been living in Claremont for about 5 years and have been appalled at what I've have seen of the people in this town, and from the so called law enforcement. I am in total amazement on how anything gets done around here. The people work and drive so slow Molasses moves faster.And as far as the cops around here they seem to more interested in bothering the youth in town instead of doing their jobs like keeping people out of the handicap parking zones that don't belong there and getting people to slow down going through the main drag. I have seen people turn from the travel lane instead of doing so from the turn lane, no signals, no head lights, and letting their animals sit on their laps while driving. I am hoping to get out of this town full of idiots soon, and go somewhere else where the people and cops care about their fellow citizens with disabilities and people use common sense while driving.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2008, 03:29 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,108,020 times
Try going back to MA?

Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,109,377 times
you can report anyone taking a handicapped spot - best to take a photograph...

however, I've seen people that are temporarily handicapped (broken leg) etc, use the handicap spot and I wouldn't begrudge them for it.

The same goes for any traffic violations you observe.

letting animals ride on your lap is not a crime....I have a ****zu that rarely stays in his own seat and will come and look out the window on the driver's side every now and then.

I have a pet peeve with teenagers yakking on cell phones that don't pay attention to other drivers, but on the whole, I don't feel that the cops are neglecting their jobs.

They do tend to harass young people, but that's just one of the percs.

You could try becoming an officer yourself. It sounds like you have everybody's tickets already for them.

Old 11-16-2008, 03:45 PM

the board modded my dog species! LOL ....it starts with an s than an hit and ends with a zu!

too much.....

Old 11-16-2008, 03:59 PM

586 posts, read 1,501,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
the board modded my dog species! LOL ....it starts with an s than an hit and ends with a zu!

too much.....
I noticed that too - and nearly snarfed a pretty decent glass of pinot noir all over my keyboard...

Old 11-16-2008, 04:41 PM

6,527 posts, read 6,679,323 times
Oh the humanity.....how do you survive it all

Old 11-16-2008, 05:48 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,903,491 times
OK, I NEVER do this, and maybe you were just kidding, but the former vet tech in me has a pet peeve about the spelling of dog breeds. You most likely have a SHIH TZU

Some of the mis-spellings that I remember are dalmation, Pekinese, pappion, German Sheperd, Shepard or Shepperd.

And you there, NDQ--good thing you didn't--That would have been alcohol abuse!!

Anyway Racerdude, sorry to hear you're not liking Claremont.. At least you've actually been there for 5 whole years, and are sharing more than a "I've driven through it and didn't like it" sort of reply. Where did you live before you went to Claremont? Welcome to the forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post

too much.....

Last edited by Valerie C; 11-16-2008 at 06:03 PM..

Old 11-16-2008, 06:01 PM

885 posts, read 2,653,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerdude08 View Post
I have been living in Claremont for about 5 years and have been appalled at what I've have seen of the people in this town, and from the so called law enforcement. I am in total amazement on how anything gets done around here. The people work and drive so slow Molasses moves faster.And as far as the cops around here they seem to more interested in bothering the youth in town instead of doing their jobs like keeping people out of the handicap parking zones that don't belong there and getting people to slow down going through the main drag. I have seen people turn from the travel lane instead of doing so from the turn lane, no signals, no head lights, and letting their animals sit on their laps while driving. I am hoping to get out of this town full of idiots soon, and go somewhere else where the people and cops care about their fellow citizens with disabilities and people use common sense while driving.....
Perhaps you wear some bright underpants on the outside, arm yourself and take the law into your own hands? The Claremont Vigilante: Wherever there's a misdemeanor or unsociable behavior - you'll be there setting things to rights 9mm style! Jaywalker - BAMN BAMN! Make that EX-Jaywalker citizen!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:10 PM

You most likely have a SHIH TZU

oh dear lordy....I've been spelling it wrong for 13 years!

I just double checked his registration and shot records, even the vet papers have it spelled wrong!

learn something new every day!

Old 11-16-2008, 06:16 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,903,491 times
You are in the vast majority of people who spell that breed the way you do!

The first vet I worked was a real $#*&!! about correct breed spelling (messed up the database to have various spellings)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire