Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdancingqueen View Post
Another snow storm coming Wednesday! Am I the only one thinking YAY???
uh... yes? btw: we're getting the nastiness down here, too. They've got a storm watch out all day tomorrow and a storm warning for the second phase tomorrow night into Wed. we'll see what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 04:28 PM

586 posts, read 1,505,923 times
Snow is a beautiful thing, Wanna! Can't wait to go on Friday! Assuming my mouth feels better...I'm still pretty achey from getting my wisdom teeth out last Thursday!

Old 01-27-2009, 05:07 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
This cold, to quote Kipling, "wakes the fever in my bones.." so is no longer fun. Time to follow the wisdom of the animals and either fly to a warmer place for winter or hibernate.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM

1,130 posts, read 1,538,246 times
What an ugly time of year. It's no wonder we appreciate spring so much.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:53 PM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
It IS sort of an ugly time of year, isn't it? Thanks for reminding me I was thinking today, while sitting at a red light, and looking at a big ugly black pile of snow (at the parking lot edges). I started to make a 'poem' of sorts about the end of winter and the symbolism of the dirty piles of snow that melt in the cool, yet warm 'breaths of spring'. Then the light changed and I forgot it until just now!

Anyway, it just doesn't matter if it snows, or how much we get. Not gonna shovel, not one bit. I'll wade through even if it's up to my knees

Old 03-18-2009, 05:16 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
for reminding me how glad I am that we left NH. The pear trees are in full bloom here, along with magnolias. We'll go strawberry picking next month. We had a couple of inches of snow twice this winter. Pretty. It didn't last long enough for us to see it black or dirty. You have had a bitter, nasty winter, and I'm sorry about that. Your beautiful summer, though short, will make you forget it quickly and will make up for it.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:04 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,544,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
for reminding me how glad I am that we left NH. The pear trees are in full bloom here, along with magnolias. We'll go strawberry picking next month. We had a couple of inches of snow twice this winter. Pretty. It didn't last long enough for us to see it black or dirty. You have had a bitter, nasty winter, and I'm sorry about that. Your beautiful summer, though short, will make you forget it quickly and will make up for it.
Actually, the climate here in NH is very easy to tolerate. It is much nicer than practically any area of the Midwest. The summer, fall, and spring seasons are all superior, and winter is actually winter! Also, the temperatures during winter are not that cold at all compared to the Upper Midwest.

Old 03-18-2009, 07:30 AM

4,643 posts, read 13,942,077 times
Funny, now that it's all done, I hardly think of last winter as being bitter or nasty. There were challenges, sure (that 8 or 9 days without electricity was interesting!) and some lousy cleaning-up conditions (shoveling slush isn't fun...) but over all, not bad And though a mild winter sounds nice in theory, we've 'been there and done that' and for my family and I, it just wasn't worth the horribly hot and humid (and long!) summer. Getting from AC zone (house) to AC zone (car) to AC zone (the office, the store, etc) is so not what summer is all about. I'll take the couple weeks of blackened snow piles, while hearing the calls of Canada geese as they make their way north

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
We had a couple of inches of snow twice this winter. Pretty. It didn't last long enough for us to see it black or dirty. You have had a bitter, nasty winter, and I'm sorry about that. Your beautiful summer, though short, will make you forget it quickly and will make up for it.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,686,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valerie C View Post
Funny, now that it's all done, I hardly think of last winter as being bitter or nasty. There were challenges, sure (that 8 or 9 days without electricity was interesting!) and some lousy cleaning-up conditions (shoveling slush isn't fun...) but over all, not bad And though a mild winter sounds nice in theory, we've 'been there and done that' and for my family and I, it just wasn't worth the horribly hot and humid (and long!) summer. Getting from AC zone (house) to AC zone (car) to AC zone (the office, the store, etc) is so not what summer is all about. I'll take the couple weeks of blackened snow piles, while hearing the calls of Canada geese as they make their way north

We get to see the Canada geese too! (We're not too far south, only as far as I'd care to be) ...a couple summer months are hot, yes, but we get two planting seasons and no black flies. (I do miss NH, the clear waters, the white birches...and I could go on and on but I could do the same with what we have here. You just have to learn to bloom where you are planted! there's an upside and a downside to everywhere, isn't there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire