U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-02-2009, 09:59 PM

120 posts, read 666,258 times
Boy_Meets_Girl, what part of NH do you live in? Does the snow always last that long?
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 03:25 AM

259 posts, read 630,431 times
Default It will seem to end in mid-july

Winter will end promptly in mid-july with opressive temperatures and humidty of 90%. Don't be too eager to jump to conclusions. It is only an unreliable sign of the end of winter, not actual evidence! The last goosebumps of this winter may disappear in September '09. Wrap up now to prevent freezer-burn!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:26 AM

215 posts, read 351,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boy_meets_girl View Post
still had snow last year on the ground till at least the begining of May.. you got a ways to go..
I just have to ask. Where in NH did you have snow in May last year. I'm as far north as you can get and the only snow was in the woods and deep deep valleys.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:07 AM

238 posts, read 320,844 times
I know I am only a temporary visitor here but I love this winter experience. One week so far and we have had some snow, sub-zero temps and some sunny skies and very cold, windy days. (Hey Winter, is that all you got?? )

Maybe I am crazy but we are hoping for a "real" winter storm before we leave late next week. Sure, you have to bundle up everyday but I'll take that over 100+ degree heat any day.

Working and living in it all winter may be wearing but no place is perfect. I find you either like the cold or you like the heat. I like the cold and I am trapped in the "heat belt" of SoCal. I can understand if you like oppressive heat why you would not like the cold. Its the same either way.

We have neighbors that love the heat. They are vacationing in Hawaii right now hoping to chase the sun. (After 8 months of summer temps, they chase the heat to Hawaii...Geez!)

They just checked in with us and are having a miserable time. It has been raining every day and they are stuck in their hotel because they don't like the rain

When its Winter....do Winter.

Captjob

Old 01-03-2009, 09:09 AM

706 posts, read 939,729 times
Yeah, NH would be the best place on earth if only the winter had an "off" switch... I guess that's the price you pay for the awesomeness May - October.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:43 PM

3,257 posts, read 600,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACarole View Post
Boy_Meets_Girl, what part of NH do you live in? Does the snow always last that long?
I live in Weare, NH for 23 years. I was born and raised in Manchester, NH a 35 minute drive. We are sort of in a snow belt. You can feel the cold when you come up from 114 it starts feeling cold when you past the New Boston, NH line. It snows often and we have more snow then my parents in Hooksett, NH, it only 35 miles away.

The cold never bothered me this much until 10 years ago. I got into a car accident (not my fault) and I have degenrative disc disorder, with arthritis and muscle spams. Also I have a disablity for walking and my shoulders. Now cold bothers me very much. It hard to get out of bed and shoveling, well you got to do what you have to do. NH is very nice state, in Weare are neighbors leave you alone. Its quite compare to the city. We have selectmen who run the town. I worked for the Town of Weare for 12 years. So I have an idea on town politics. We are the 1st or 2nd in area. If you go to this forum you can find threads like population, land etc.

The snow seems to never end, but thats just MOPO (my own personal opinion). Any more question please don't hestitate to ask me or anyone in the forum. We'll answer all your questions.
Have a great New Years.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:31 PM

586 posts, read 936,106 times
IMHO, barring the ice storm that was just miserable for a lot of people (but beautiful) it's not been bad *at all* (yet.) Yes, 2 feet of snow in one weekend but the kids only had a 2-hour delay around here and the roads were mostly down to bare, dry pavement less than 24 hours after it stopped. As far as temps, it's mainly been 20-30, with a few days in the teens and the 40s thrown in for good measure.

Happy New Year!

Old 01-03-2009, 06:13 PM

69 posts, read 75,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colebrook View Post
I just have to ask. Where in NH did you have snow in May last year. I'm as far north as you can get and the only snow was in the woods and deep deep valleys.
I'm just east of Concord and we still had a small pile by the garage on April 21st.
(I emailed a friend out west to say so - yes, I just checked the date ).
Plus it took a few more days to completely melt.
Not quite into May here but very close.

Old 01-03-2009, 06:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,780,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maeday View Post
I'm just east of Concord and we still had a small pile by the garage on April 21st. (I emailed a friend out west to say so - yes, I just checked the date ).
Plus it took a few more days to completely melt.
Not quite into May here but very close.
Same here in the Lakes region-we still had a decent amount of snow on the ground in late April of last year- I recall it because it was past my husband's b-day and we still had snow. It was mid May before all the snow in the woods behind our home was 100% gone. Hopefully this winter will not be the same as last.

I never I thought I would get sick of snow but I really am starting to get sick of it-especially after the record breaking snowfall in my town last winter. Actually it is more that I am getting sick of the damaging precipitation that we have had-pretty much non-stop-since October 2005 that I referenced in my earlier post.

Old 01-03-2009, 08:46 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,804,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
Yeah, NH would be the best place on earth if only the winter had an "off" switch... I guess that's the price you pay for the awesomeness May - October.
Hey, I'd be happy with an occasionally pause button!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire