Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 06:21 PM

3,257 posts, read 920,708 times

Advertisements

It is very chilly here in NH. I can hardly move due to the number of clothes you have to where

NM sounds so nice right about now La Luz hardly get snow if any!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 08:43 PM

2,489 posts, read 8,152,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO172 View Post
It is very chilly here in NH. I can hardly move due to the number of clothes you have to where

Diablo - Look at it this way - when spring comes, you'll look like you've had instant weight loss - no more layers!

Old 01-02-2009, 07:31 AM

26,373 posts, read 46,209,981 times
Actually, December was above normal in terms of temperatures. This morning was the first time it has been below zero for the low at the official reporting station for Merrimack County (Concord).

Old 01-02-2009, 08:22 AM

49 posts, read 132,554 times
Winter hasnt even really started yet. Has it?

It's just now in the teens and single digits.

This is my first NH winter and I'm expecting it to go on for at least another 3 months of weather like we've had this past week with ripping winds and far below freezing temps. If not I will be sorely disappointed.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:33 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,286,397 times
Yes winter only technically started less than 2 weeks ago. If it is anything like last winter it will be very long and record breaking snow. One year we had snow on Mother's Day. Some winters are extremely snowy, some are extremely cold and all winters are long. One year the entire month of January, we NEVER got out of single digits, I remember many a morning, going to work, starting my car and the low would be 20 below-or worse.

I am concerned about all the massive precipitation that we have had starting in 2005. It has been non-stop since the October 2005 floods, followed by spring 2006 and 2007 floods. We had the floods/tornado this past summer. Last year was the most snow on record on in many places. 2008 was the "wettest" year on record. At this point, I would prefer a cold winter with decent amounts of snow but not an overabundant amount of snow on the ground. I think that our roads and infrastructure need a break from over 3 years of massive precipitation.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:33 AM

26,373 posts, read 46,209,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Yes winter only technically started less than 2 weeks ago. If it is anything like last winter it will be very long and record breaking snow. One year we had snow on Mother's Day. Some winters are extremely snowy, some are extremely cold and all winters are long. One year the entire month of January, we NEVER got out of single digits, I remember many a morning, going to work, starting my car and the low would be 20 below-or worse.

I am concerned about all the massive precipitation that we have had starting in 2005. It has been non-stop since the October 2005 floods, followed by spring 2006 and 2007 floods. We had the floods/tornado this past summer. Last year was the most snow on record on in many places. 2008 was the "wettest" year on record. At this point, I would prefer a cold winter with decent amounts of snow but not an overabundant amount of snow on the ground. I think that our roads and infrastructure need a break from over 3 years of massive precipitation.
Yes, I remember driving on many roads that were immersed in frost heaves last winter- especially up in northern Carroll County. Also, I think the overall increase in precipitation is due to a greater increase in average temperatures with time. Warmer air can hold more moisture, and when storms come along it yields greater amounts of precipitation. 2008 was the wettest year on record at the official reporting station in Concord, and two of the previous three years were some of the wettest on record. I definitely think the trend has been toward wetter conditions overall.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 PM

41,478 posts, read 59,530,043 times
I agree about La Luz.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM

215 posts, read 581,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIABLO172 View Post

Sorry Diablo but as they say" You ain't seen nothin' yet "

Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 PM

3,257 posts, read 920,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyrighthere View Post
Winter hasnt even really started yet. Has it?

It's just now in the teens and single digits.

This is my first NH winter and I'm expecting it to go on for at least another 3 months of weather like we've had this past week with ripping winds and far below freezing temps. If not I will be sorely disappointed.

Since this is your first snow year, you won't have to worry about snow. I live in Weare, NH and this past weekend we had 9" in one day. Last snow storm was 24" in 2 days. I dislike snow, I'm ready for dry warm weather Have fun frolicking in the white snow

Old 01-02-2009, 06:38 PM

2 posts, read 5,468 times
still had snow last year on the ground till at least the begining of May.. you got a ways to go..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire