Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:38 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyrighthere View Post
If common sense doesnt make a comeback I may as well quit my job, move to an urban center, get a crappy apartment on section-8 and self medicate until my body quits and I die another useless urban dependent leeching off of those foolish enough to attempt success and pay the associated extortion to the government entity that thrives off of my self-medicated, unemployed, TV watching vote.
Might as well, I mean it is those people you are describing who did everything in their power to get the Dems and the Messiah elected. They have the most to gain and the least tax dollars to lose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM

202 posts, read 504,755 times
BTW, you can reach the Representative via the information on his House page:

Representative Wells
4 Fieldstone Drive
Hampstead, NH 03841-2300
Phone: (603)329-6689
Email: rockinrw@aol.com

"rockinrw" as an AOL screen name? One can only wonder what sort of nasty chat rooms he probably hangs out in.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmartian View Post
This jerk wants an income tax because of his own personal situation.
Well that is the liberal way isn't it?

Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 AM

Email sent and I cc'd all my other NH resident friends.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:44 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
This RINO is a moonbat at best. The Democrats increased spending by 500 million and now we are short 475 million. Gee who would have thought that? Then this clown says "None of the above is not one of the choices????? Are you serious? He can't afford his own home and he wants us to foot the bill.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,064,634 times
Kind of a dumb question...but what is the state of NH responsible for beyond state roads, fish & game, and DMV functions? Does it kick significant funds toward education and the like that I'm not seeing?

IE- I know *most* of my property taxes go to my town directly- for schools/fire/police...

Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 AM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Sad isn't it? I am holding out hope for 2010. I feel that is the last chance for real NH to reclaim the state house. Fiscal conservatism and stay out of my life. No more tax and spend nanny garbage. I guess my suggestion would be fight to preserve the NH way of life. Volunteer if you can, talk to people and educate them, etc.
There are two local radio shows in the Lakes Region on Saturday mornings that are run by solid conservatives Niel Young & Doug Lambert which will give people a good way to network. I think we win the Governors office in 2010 & the State House back, easily I might add. The State Senate will be close. The KEY is to hit the left over & over & over again with the 17.5% budget raise that got us into this trouble. They can't hide from that number. There were 300 Republicans in the House 4 years ago along with 18 senators & a Republican governor......things are not as far gone as people think. It was Bush, and his neo-con madness, nation-building foolishness & open borders insanity that caused people to quit on the Republican party. It will turn around up here.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 01-06-2009 at 08:57 AM..

Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
The 17.5% budget "rise" was created by including the spending the REPUBLICANS were lying about. They were hiding that spending from the voters so the REPUBLICANS could maintain control. THEY NEEDED TO KEEP THINGS HIDDEN SO THEY COULD PAY OFF THEIR CONTRIBUTERS. They did, and, if reelected, will continue to lie to us.

Much of the state budget is consumed by Mandated Federal spending put in place during REPUBLICAN control of the Federal budget. The entire process went wrong when Ronald Regan cut income tax rates for the wealthy and started on the REPUIBLICAN borrow and spend binge we now have to pay for.

If we want anything near responsible pay as you go government keep electing DEMOCRATS. They will tell you the truth about the cost of government.

PS – both DEMOCRATIC Federal Representatives voted against the Bank Bailout because it was an irresponsible use of government money. Our REPUBLICAN Senator, Judd Gregg voted for it.

Old 01-06-2009, 09:17 AM

202 posts, read 504,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The 17.5% budget "rise" was created by including the spending the REPUBLICANS were lying about. They were hiding that spending from the voters so the REPUBLICANS could maintain control. THEY NEEDED TO KEEP THINGS HIDDEN SO THEY COULD PAY OFF THEIR CONTRIBUTERS. They did, and, if reelected, will continue to lie to us.

Much of the state budget is consumed by Mandated Federal spending put in place during REPUBLICAN control of the Federal budget. The entire process went wrong when Ronald Regan cut income tax rates for the wealthy and started on the REPUIBLICAN borrow and spend binge we now have to pay for.

If we want anything near responsible pay as you go government keep electing DEMOCRATS. They will tell you the truth about the cost of government.

PS – both DEMOCRATIC Federal Representatives voted against the Bank Bailout because it was an irresponsible use of government money. Our REPUBLICAN Senator, Judd Gregg voted for it.
Greg please stop trying to change the topic from a discussion about state government to a discussion about federal government. Your attempt to do so is transparent to anyone paying attention to the thread.

The Democrats in power in Concord now must be removed from the majority or they will turn NH into another high tax state like Vermont, Massachusetts or Maine.

Which reminds me, why do you live in New Hampshire? From what I have read your politics lean very, very far to the left and you are a big believer in high taxes and more government along with less individual liberty.

So why exactly did you decide to live in New Hampshire? You could easily move to Vermont, Maine or Massachusetts and get all the taxes and government that you want. But you choose to stay here in NH and try to ruin it for everyone else.

Why?

Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM

6,569 posts, read 6,732,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

I ask you, again, to source this claim. You can't, but it's easy to make things up I suppose. You have every right to FEAR this 17.5% figure.....it going to change the political dynamic in this state. Unless NH has gone insane (it has not) your party is going to be run out of the state house....and you know it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire