Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2009, 06:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,359 times

Advertisements

My vehicle registration expired on saturday. I was wondering if there was a period of time I could drive my car without getting a ticket. I only have to wait till friday to get it done I just really dont want to get a ticket. I heard that you have a month or so before you will get pulled over, but I am not sure of that. It would really suck to get a ticket just taking my son to school and picking him up. Any info would be appriciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 07:19 AM

1,281 posts, read 3,694,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpoohbear1979 View Post
My vehicle registration expired on saturday. I was wondering if there was a period of time I could drive my car without getting a ticket. I only have to wait till friday to get it done I just really dont want to get a ticket. I heard that you have a month or so before you will get pulled over, but I am not sure of that. It would really suck to get a ticket just taking my son to school and picking him up. Any info would be appriciated.
You can get a ticket any day after the expiration. You have 10 days after the registration for inspection. You take a chance waiting and driving with it expired - depends on how much risk you are willing to take. It always seems when you are taking a risk that will be the week you have 10 police officers pass you or come up behind you at the lights.

Old 02-02-2009, 08:44 AM

70 posts, read 384,736 times
u could technically get a ticket but if u play dumb u'd probably get off with a warning... there's no guarantee tho some cops are nicer than others

my fiance got a warning that stated he had like a week to get it taken care of or he would be sent a ticket... that was in NY State tho...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire