Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 12:30 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,851,545 times

Advertisements

I'd have to check the kwh. Our bill is usually over $175 per month. We did get a break from Comcast on the CATV for the power outage. My wife called and gave them hell (word to the wise: do not get a red-headed Irish woman mad at you.....)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 PM

164 posts, read 398,320 times
I'd want to know why they want the inspection in the spring. I would want it right now. Depending on your type of home. Lots of us are having ice dam damages on our roofs and you will find homes with water damage. Although spring might also reveal flood damage.

Good luck.

Old 02-06-2009, 04:12 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,117,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddyjo143 View Post
I'd want to know why they want the inspection in the spring. I would want it right now. Depending on your type of home. Lots of us are having ice dam damages on our roofs and you will find homes with water damage. Although spring might also reveal flood damage.

Good luck.

My guess is that there is nobody living in the house, and there hasn't been in 2+ years.

That means that all the water is shut off. No heat, no sinks, toilet, etc to test.

If they were to turn it all on for the inspection, they's have to leave it on until closing, if it were to happen, and maybe that would be a PITA?

I don't know. I just got tickets out there for March 4-17, so I 'll spend a bit of time in NH, as well as in Plymouth and the house in question.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:03 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dognh View Post
What town is it in?

75 acres + a house for 300K sounds like a good deal...on paper. But there are remote and depressed areas of NH that for half the price it wouldn't be worth it unless you're retired and flush.

I guess you have to decide what you want. I am in NH and in the White Mountains and yes it is beautiful but in the winter it can be hell. I don't need that much land...I am jonzing big time for sidewalks, coffee shops and urban living...soon I will move. One persons hell is another persons utopia

I would suggest you see the house or you may be buying the money pit for real!

Old 02-06-2009, 05:42 PM

148 posts, read 389,308 times
Motoracer51 I am also looking at property in NH. Since I don't live in the area I have been looking at property on Google Earth and Virutal Earth. It has been very helpful. You can check out the surrounding area and see if there is anything you need to check out. Like a dump close by or anything that may make the property undesirable.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I guess you have to decide what you want. I am in NH and in the White Mountains and yes it is beautiful but in the winter it can be hell. I don't need that much land...I am jonzing big time for sidewalks, coffee shops and urban living...soon I will move. One persons hell is another persons utopia

I would suggest you see the house or you may be buying the money pit for real!

Yeah, well if it were up to me, I'd stay put here in Colorado, and enjoy my 52degree days like today.

But that's not the case, and NH does have a lot to offer, especially since we plan on having kids in the next year or so.

I also live in Florida, and I can honestly tell you that weather isn't enough to make me live or not live in a certain place. I guess what I'm trying to say is warm weather doesn't equate to happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDreamer View Post
Motoracer51 I am also looking at property in NH. Since I don't live in the area I have been looking at property on Google Earth and Virutal Earth. It has been very helpful. You can check out the surrounding area and see if there is anything you need to check out. Like a dump close by or anything that may make the property undesirable.
Hey, thanks. I've also been using maps.live.com to scope places out. We've spent quite a bit of time in Keene, Rindge, Weare, Manchester, Concord, Sutton, and of course Plymouth.

Where are you coming from, and what exactly are you looking for?

Old 02-06-2009, 07:45 PM

Motoracer51 I am coming from Kentucky. Moved here a little over 2 years ago and this place just isn't for me. I am looking for a place to do a lot of outdoor activities. I miss cross country skiing. I have been looking on line at houses from Rindge to Laconia. I think I want to stay just southwest of Concord as I would like to get a part time job and need a little civilization for that. I am headed to NH next month to look at houses.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtDreamer View Post
Motoracer51 I am coming from Kentucky. Moved here a little over 2 years ago and this place just isn't for me. I am looking for a place to do a lot of outdoor activities. I miss cross country skiing. I have been looking on line at houses from Rindge to Laconia. I think I want to stay just southwest of Concord as I would like to get a part time job and need a little civilization for that. I am headed to NH next month to look at houses.
Yeah, I know what you are saying about Kentucky. We looked at some land in and around Ashland. We decided it just wasn't for us, and it was still too far from family in NY.

NH is the only state I'd live in on the east coast.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:51 PM

259 posts, read 988,357 times
Default its a buyers market

hold their feet to the fire + see what breaks loose, on concessions and, improvements needed etc. If you are truly a fish nibbling their line they'll yank! there are not too many fish out there!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM

Well I am hoping I can swing a deal on a house there in NH so that I can come back here and sell mine here in Kentucky. If I get a good price on one in NH I can come down in price on mine here and GET THE H OUT OF HERE!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire