Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 02:58 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
hey,hey! you guys wanna talk religion, please do it in the religion forum. it's bad enough that politics keeps taking over nearly every thread. can we leave the religious stuff alone please? You guys have both made your points.

sheesh: the two thing most likely to fuel a pointless argument: politics and religion....<mutter> <mutter>
your absolutely right I hate religion,Christ has as much to do with religion as the stimulus package has to do with stimulating the economy..nothing. Sorry but me not mentioning my Lord and Savoir just ain't happening,just like me not mentioning my wife ain't happening.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2009, 05:39 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,137,371 times
it could quickly go downhill....that's why the request I'm sure....

Praise Allah! LOL

Old 02-19-2009, 06:15 PM

105 posts, read 208,889 times
Jesus always wears his seatbelt. Wears a helmet as well.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:33 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,151 times
Default Great Thread Crazy Dave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Tell your reps you don't want HB 383
Tell them you are an free individual that neither needs nor wants the goverment to force you to make your personal safety choices for you.

And remember it ain't about the goverment caring for you, it's about the money.
I am many others are actively involved in writing and calling campaigns against this measure!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:24 PM

259 posts, read 988,284 times
"[quote=WannaComeHome;7464142]Yankee, it all depends on how the law is written. In MD when they first began making it a law to wear your seatbelts, it was written that it wasn't a stoppable offence, but if you were stopped for some other reason (speeding, stop sign, accident..) and it was found you didn't have it on - or your passenger didn't- then it could be added to the list.

It stayed that way for a few years, and now has become a stoppable violation. I don't think I've heard of anyone being stopped just because of the lack of a seatbelt though.
"
I have been questioned in Maine regarding this at a Memorial-day "checkpoint" I got away with it soly because my left arm doen't work. I often get tangled up in the belt which causes concern because it could every bit as life threatenin should I need to exit the vehicle in a hurry. fire,flood etc.
No matter what happens, t will be turned into a source of revenue to "achieve compliance!"

Old 03-07-2009, 05:37 PM

9,412 posts, read 11,159,448 times
This is known as revenue enhancement. "Raising taxes" is bad for re-election prospects.

Make no mistake, this $lippery $lope will cause the seat belt law to become a primary law ($$), the fines ($$) will increase, the points will appear ($$ for insurance cos.).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire