Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:50 PM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times

Advertisements

Thanks for this post Wanna! I am dating myself but when I was a kid there were no seat belts, no bicycle helmets, homosexuals were stashed deep in a dark closet somewhere, people could smoke without getting persecuted, if you had a little too much to drink the police would either drive you home and not to jail, kids were not being kidnapped and fearful of being left out all day and for the most part life was certainly much better than the Brave New World we have today especially with that misanthrope we have for our president today!

These sick politicians are obsessed with passing more and more laws to only control our freedoms and give themselves more power!

They even have bleeding heart left wing junkies using children as validation for this stupid seat belt law. Well when I hear or see anyone inject how we have to parent our children so a stupid law can get passed I immediately know these left wing people are no different from Hamas hiding behind a baby carriage!
Attached Thumbnails
Seatbelt law-using-children-get-your-way-.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 12:41 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,144,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
when I hear or see anyone inject how we have to parent our children so a stupid law can get passed
I'm with Comet Voyager on this one. It smacks way too much of the government telling me, "We know what's best for your child. You cannot be trusted to know as much as we do. Here, let us legislate it for you, so you feeble-minded folk out there need not be confused. Leave us to be the parent and make parental decisions. "

Next thing you know, there are going to be laws about what's in a lunchbox.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:32 AM

3,712 posts, read 11,030,646 times
yup, part of the choir here, too! I never had all of those things and someone I've survived well into adulthood as well.

Now I don't know as I'd go so far as the Hamas bit... but I do agree that we're raising children in a cocoon as if the world when they get older will suddenly be safer (after they've been protected enough for when they get stupid). How did we ever survive?!

Old 03-01-2009, 07:41 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
It seems to me that those who probably have no problem with taxpayer $$ being used for the uninsured, those on medicaid and illegal aliens are the same people who now want to be "fiscally conservative" with taxpayer $$ when it comes to the uninsured not wearing seat belts. Using the costs associated with the uninsured not using seatbelts as a way to implement a seatbelt law just doesn't float. Shouldn't we be consistent with all behavior deemed "irresponsible" for EVERYONE who doesn't have private insurance?

The medical bills passed onto taxpayers for the uninsured who are injured because they don't wear seatbelts are no where near the billions spent on those who are here illegally and have bankrupted hospitals around the nation. I don't recall ever reading about a hospital shutting down due to an influx of uninsured who were not wearing seatbelts.

The medical bills from those uninsured who don't wear seatbelts are no way near the taxpayer $$ spent on those on medicaid etc. who are suffering from long-term obesity and smoking related illnesses.

I have an idea. If you receive any public assistance or are uninsured, how about we implant you with a device that tells us if you do any "irresponsible behaviors"? If you do then you get no medical coverage. I can only imagine the reaction to that.

I personally don't think I should have to pay for anyone-from illegal alien, to those on medicaid, to those unisured who don't wear a seatbelt. At least I am consistent.

Years ago we did not have all these nanny laws. But then again, years ago we did not have a bloated entitlement system that robs hardworking taxpayers to pay for those who are irresponsible. Gee could there possibly be a connection?

Last edited by nicolem; 03-01-2009 at 07:59 AM..

Old 03-01-2009, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Thanks for this post Wanna! I am dating myself but when I was a kid there were no seat belts, no bicycle helmets, homosexuals were stashed deep in a dark closet somewhere, people could smoke without getting persecuted, if you had a little too much to drink the police would either drive you home and not to jail, kids were not being kidnapped and fearful of being left out all day and for the most part life was certainly much better than the Brave New World we have today especially with that misanthrope we have for our president today!

These sick politicians are obsessed with passing more and more laws to only control our freedoms and give themselves more power!

They even have bleeding heart left wing junkies using children as validation for this stupid seat belt law. Well when I hear or see anyone inject how we have to parent our children so a stupid law can get passed I immediately know these left wing people are no different from Hamas hiding behind a baby carriage!
Comet-my parents always had old beat up cars and it was a long time before we had seatbelts in the car. Yet I always wear my seatbelt even though we currently have no law for adults in NH. I never wore a bicycle helmet and when I was brought home from the hospital it was on my mom's lap not in a car seat.

When I was a kid-I used to run to 7-11 for my mom and buy her a pack of smokes. This was in the 1970's. Guess what? I never smoked.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Just think logically here. if no seat belt equals dead and seat belts save lives, then it stands to reason that saving lives equals more alive but severely injured people. Now supposing those buckled up but severely injured people are uninsured or underinsured, well then public burden goes up. Now supposing they are well insured but are injured to such a degree that the require years of care or operations, A lump sum settlement to pay for the death of an accident victim is most likely cheaper to the insurance companies then keeping someone alive, paying for hospital fees, and various surgeries. So seat belts are goingto raise your preniums

Old 03-01-2009, 09:27 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,962,441 times
Thumbs down Always hide behind the Children to get your law passed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Comet-my parents always had old beat up cars and it was a long time before we had seatbelts in the car. Yet I always wear my seatbelt even though we currently have no law for adults in NH. I never wore a bicycle helmet and when I was brought home from the hospital it was on my mom's lap not in a car seat.

When I was a kid-I used to run to 7-11 for my mom and buy her a pack of smokes. This was in the 1970's. Guess what? I never smoked.
Yes the Hamas cartoon below is truly representative of how these Bleeding Heart Left Wing Communists get their freedom sucking laws passed.

Don't you all ever wonder how come these Bleeding Heart Left Wing Communists always do the we need to protect out children rant but when it comes to a child inside a Mother's Belly they could give a hoot if that Child winds up being scrapped out and flushed down the toilet!

Old 03-01-2009, 10:01 AM

2,649 posts, read 3,542,547 times
Quote:
Yes the Hamas cartoon below is truly representative of how these Bleeding Heart Left Wing Communists get their freedom sucking laws passed.

Don't you all ever wonder how come these Bleeding Heart Left Wing Communists always do the we need to protect out children rant but when it comes to a child inside a Mother's Belly they could give a hoot if that Child winds up being scrapped out and flushed down the toilet!
that is because we must protect a womans right to murder her unborn child, freedom of choice ya know, freedom , of life, unless you are an unborn child, the you are subject to the whim and convenience of the woman who already made her choice when she decided to have sex, cannot bear the consequences of her choice, or own up to the responsibility of her choice and now must kill you because you will interfere with her future. A future of further getting knocked up because of iresponsibity and further murders. Sure makes sense to me.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:10 AM

Can we please not turn this into an abortion debate.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:52 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,116,449 times
I agree with you guys. These damn communist Liberals, and some RINO's for that matter, support crap like legalizing drugs, gay marriage, and abortion. At the same time, they continue to attempt to **** on the US Constitution, mainly in regards to the 1st and 2nd amendments with the"Fairness Doctrine" and the "Assault Weapons Ban", which are clearly spelled out in the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire