U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:54 AM

2,111 posts, read 2,844,130 times
Default Top ten signs it is time to leave NH....

10. You moved here and then found out there is winter
9. You don't understand all this fuss about the "first in the nation" primary
8. You complain that MSNBC is not on the basic cable
7. You believe using a turn signal is a sign of a character flaw
6. You know that everything is better in Massachusetts anyway
5. You believe a "view tax" is a good idea
4. You support an increase in the gas tax
3. You support a sales tax
2. You support an income tax
1. You think that if you are here long enough you can change NH

It is not my intention to be mean to people from other states that come to NH for the benefits and then want to change the state.... I just don't want them to be disappointed when they find the character of NH is like the white mountains (not changing for anyone)....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 08:00 AM

1,037 posts, read 1,087,062 times
Bingo! New Hampshire is what it is because of the "small" government and little government intervention.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 AM

1,178 posts, read 1,782,567 times
Thank God. We are considering a move to N.H. from S. Florida specifically because we need a change. Why on Earth would anyone move there and want to change it? Good grief!

Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 AM

756 posts, read 1,704,391 times
Quote:
New Hampshire is what it is because of the "small" government and little government intervention.
Well, small government role....not a small governmental body. The NH House of Representatives is the third-largest parliamentary body in the English speaking world.

No one can complain that they don't have enough representation in Concord. If you don't something, contact your local rep....ALL of them One of the many things that makes this state great

Old 03-12-2009, 10:55 AM

33,394 posts, read 28,007,444 times
I think the "Old Man of the Mountain" collapsing into a heap of rubble was a portent for the changing politics of New Hampshire. Nothing is forever.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:08 AM

2,111 posts, read 2,844,130 times
Hmmmm.....
In NH, the old man of the mountain collapsed.
In MA, the state collapsed due to runaway liberal government.

I'll stay with NH. GreggyW should move back to MA and change it rather than try to change NH to be more like MA....

Old 03-12-2009, 11:13 AM

809 posts, read 1,070,029 times
"I think the "Old Man of the Mountain" collapsing into a heap of rubble was a portent for the changing politics of New Hampshire"

How poetic.

I think some seriously hard times are coming to the USA soon. If I were a gun-grabbing, tax and spend liberal who thought the state should take care of me, NH is the LAST place I'd want to live.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,834,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I think the "Old Man of the Mountain" collapsing into a heap of rubble was a portent for the changing politics of New Hampshire. Nothing is forever.
Wow-you sound like The Concord Monitor when they blamed Craig Benson for the Old Man falling.

You are correct-nothing is forever. Hopefully people will wake up in 2010 and realize that it is make or break for NH and throw out these tax and spend nanny state lovers. Since 2006, there have been many changes in this state-both fiscally and ones that took away freedoms. We dont need to continue down that road any further. We need fiscal responsibility, common sense and personal freedoms with personal responsibility.

Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,116,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
10. You moved here and then found out there is winter
9. You don't understand all this fuss about the "first in the nation" primary
8. You complain that MSNBC is not on the basic cable
7. You believe using a turn signal is a sign of a character flaw
6. You know that everything is better in Massachusetts anyway
5. You believe a "view tax" is a good idea
4. You support an increase in the gas tax
3. You support a sales tax
2. You support an income tax
1. You think that if you are here long enough you can change NH

It is not my intention to be mean to people from other states that come to NH for the benefits and then want to change the state.... I just don't want them to be disappointed when they find the character of NH is like the white mountains (not changing for anyone)....

11.You support helmet laws
12.You support seat belt laws
13.Tax and spend is your mantra

Old 03-12-2009, 02:08 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,087,062 times
14. You fell for the Hope & Change B.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire