Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 01:59 PM

758 posts, read 2,879,994 times

Advertisements

God I love this State.....

Quote:
HCR 6 – AS INTRODUCED

2009 SESSION

09-0274

09/01

HOUSE CONCURRENT RESOLUTION 6

A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

SPONSORS: Rep. Itse, Rock 9; Rep. Ingbretson, Graf 5; Rep. Comerford, Rock 9; Sen. Denley, Dist 3

COMMITTEE: State-Federal Relations and Veterans Affairs

ANALYSIS

This house concurrent resolution affirms States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

09-0274

09/01

STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE

In the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand Nine

A RESOLUTION affirming States’ rights based on Jeffersonian principles.

Whereas the Constitution of the State of New Hampshire, Part 1, Article 7 declares that the people of this State have the sole and exclusive right of governing themselves as a free, sovereign, and independent State; and do, and forever hereafter shall, exercise and enjoy every power, jurisdiction, and right, pertaining thereto, which is not, or may not hereafter be, by them expressly delegated to the United States of America in congress assembled; and........

That any Act by the Congress of the United States, Executive Order of the President of the United States of America or Judicial Order by the Judicatories of the United States of America which assumes a power not delegated to the government of United States of America by the Constitution for the United States of America and which serves to diminish the liberty of the any of the several States or their citizens shall constitute a nullification of the Constitution for the United States of America by the government of the United States of America. Acts which would cause such a nullification include, but are not limited to:

I. Establishing martial law or a state of emergency within one of the States comprising the United States of America without the consent of the legislature of that State.

II. Requiring involuntary servitude, or governmental service other than a draft during a declared war, or pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

III. Requiring involuntary servitude or governmental service of persons under the age of 18 other than pursuant to, or as an alternative to, incarceration after due process of law.

IV. Surrendering any power delegated or not delegated to any corporation or foreign government.

V. Any act regarding religion; further limitations on freedom of political speech; or further limitations on freedom of the press.

VI. Further infringements on the right to keep and bear arms including prohibitions of type or quantity of arms or ammunition; and

That should any such act of Congress become law or Executive Order or Judicial Order be put into force, all powers previously delegated to the United States of America by the Constitution for the United States shall revert to the several States individually. Any future government of the United States of America shall require ratification of three quarters of the States seeking to form a government of the United States of America and shall not be binding upon any State not seeking to form such a government; and

That copies of this resolution be transmitted by the house clerk to the President of the United States, each member of the United States Congress, and the presiding officers of each State’s legislature.

I cut out some of the middle of the bill, here is the full bill.
HCR 0006
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 02:02 PM

49 posts, read 132,536 times
This is the best news I've heard in months.

Tell the fed as a state "we dont want what you're selling."

I'm just so happy

Old 02-03-2009, 02:17 PM

1,200 posts, read 2,208,196 times
I don't have any idea if it has a chance of passing but I like it a lot.

Old 02-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
I don't have any idea if it has a chance of passing but I like it a lot.
Nor do I but I think my rep. will be getting a letter and phone call about it.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:12 PM

1,771 posts, read 5,046,047 times
I like it...true to NH values.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:32 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,144,441 times
I hope other states follow suit with their own message to DC that "we're mad as hell and we're not going to take it anymore."

Old 02-03-2009, 06:50 PM

1,599 posts, read 3,104,828 times
What, they're not happy with the new "change"?

Old 02-03-2009, 10:20 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,465,105 times
UM this is already in place, we call it a constitution. Article 4 recognizes the states as Republics. Article might be wrong but it is in there I know this as fact. If I remember correctly it is mentioned somewhere in the 27 amendments as well. Well Last I looked it was 27, But that was back in 92. When the 27th was passed I don't recall any additions since then though.

Old 02-04-2009, 10:07 AM

22 posts, read 63,265 times
Default Howdy form TN

Down here in TN watching this as it unfolds.

Other states with simlar leg on the table: AZ, MT, OK, & WA.

I wrote my state rep/ sen and told them that I think this is interesting and necessary. I suggest you do the same.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:19 AM

Quote:
UM this is already in place, we call it a constitution. Article 4 recognizes the states as Republics. Article might be wrong but it is in there I know this as fact. If I remember correctly it is mentioned somewhere in the 27 amendments as well. Well Last I looked it was 27, But that was back in 92. When the 27th was passed I don't recall any additions since then though.
Sure it's in the constitution, but that doesn't mean it's remotely being followed. The one thing the washington folks need is 7th grade civics lesson to remind them exactly what's in the constitution, what separation of powers mean, and what exactly state's rights means. this bill will hopefully help remind those that want to move this country in a direction contrary to the founders' vision...which has most definitely been happening since the signing of the constitution.

The irony of the whole thing is that people will most definitely vote against this, or call it radical....in essence saying they don't agree with the constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire