U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM

351 posts, read 805,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Hey, thanks for the heads up. I just realized that it is Third Stone from the Sun. I changed it after listening to the great Jimi Hendrix song recently. I originally had where I hailed from but I wanted to be a bit eclectic! paradiddle, eh? Are you a drummer?

BTW, I live in the Peoples Republic of Taxachusettes. Hopefully not for long. Grew up a country boy in upstate NY. You know, farms and the like. I plan on moving to NH within the year, and not as part of the FSP, mind you. Then I guess I'll begin my long journey into becoming a "real" New Hampshirite.
You picked up on the drumming thing. My NH plate used to be RLRR. I played snare drum in many marching groups. I will be back in Manch-Vegas in 2 weeks to teach some drumming for a marching group I arrange for. If I win the Lottery I would keep my house in Fla and maybe have a house on Winnepesaukee or Newfound Lake.. Travel back and forth....

I would never move back to Mass. I love my friends there. Mass. has a certain educated edgy-ness to it that I grew up with and miss where I live now. NH is great and the people are down to earth, common sense people.

Liberal VT and ME. haven't ruined it...... But they are nice states to drive through....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

951 posts, read 471,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradiddle View Post
My NH plate used to be RLRR.
Cool! Me drummer too. Mainly a set player, almost 30 years now. I throw down a little guitar as well. Didn't do any of the marching stuff.

How do you know when the stage is level?
When the drool runs out of both sides of the drummers mouth!

How do you get the guitar player off of your porch?
Pay for the pizza!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:16 PM

I just started looking for a set. I've never played one and have always wanted to learn. Guitar????? That would be a stretch.... I'm not too good with notes and chords... I was going to give piano a try. Maybe get one of those electronic keyboards.

anyway ...let's get back to arguing..... ha ha

I love listening to talk radio from Boston. Boston politics is a sport in itself.
I download it on my computer in Fla. I get sick of listening to the national guys and the local stuff is so milktoast........

Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM

341 posts, read 917,598 times
Drummer here as well! Marched with S.K.E.K. through the mid/late '60s, Princemen late '60s early '70s and Renergades early '70s; lots of fun and travel.
After the Drum Corp days I played in a cover band and did the bar scene with my congas and percussion; lots of hazy mornings.
I got stung by the Bluegrass Bug eight years ago; and I breathe and eat Bluegrass music 16/7.
Bluegrass music dosen't have drums of any sort; so I sold my kit and picked up a Mandolin. I have a lot of fun learning to pick and learning theory.
All the Best!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM

Default St. Kevins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
Drummer here as well! Marched with S.K.E.K. through the mid/late '60s, Princemen late '60s early '70s and Renergades early '70s; lots of fun and travel.
After the Drum Corp days I played in a cover band and did the bar scene with my congas and percussion; lots of hazy mornings.
I got stung by the Bluegrass Bug eight years ago; and I breathe and eat Bluegrass music 16/7.
Bluegrass music dosen't have drums of any sort; so I sold my kit and picked up a Mandolin. I have a lot of fun learning to pick and learning theory.
All the Best!
I have a very good friends from SKEK. Brissenden, Grimes and more....

I don't know if it counts as bluegrass but when I heard the soundtrack from "Brother where for art thou" with Geroge Clooney, it got me hooked. I love that old timey music...

Remember the band called "The Band"? I saw that "Last Waltz" Scorsese movie on that bands final concert. The drummer, Levon Helm, played a mandolin in the last song on the movie. I thought that was so cool and showed the multi-talents of great musicians.

Kepp on pluckin'

Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 AM

951 posts, read 471,248 times
Quote:
anyway ...let's get back to arguing..... ha ha
I love listening to talk radio from Boston. Boston politics is a sport in itself.
I think we have more in common than you think!

I love Jay Severin. Some people think he's too fringe, but that's what I like about him. I also like Michael Graham.

Old 10-10-2007, 08:31 AM

Exclamation Free Stater pub location revealed!!!

It looks like the feds have found out the pub location of many free staters.

Home

Murphys Tap Room....

http://www.unionleader.com:80/articl...1-af92810fe583

It must be like Ol' Buckman Tavern in Lexington, Mass back in 1775...headquarters of the Lexington Minutemen.

Lexington, MA : Buckman Tavern photo

Them free-staters must be conjuring up ways to overthrow the big bad government, while hoisting a few brews....just like them Minutemen..

Legend has it in Lexington that the boys were drinking all night when Paul Revere came through. So when the RedCoats came down the road they came out of the Tavern a little tipsy......

Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 AM

625 posts, read 1,746,117 times
Damn, and to think that all we have in Rochester in Bigheads.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:06 AM

341 posts, read 917,598 times
[quote=paradiddle;1694835]I have a very good friends from SKEK. Brissenden, Grimes and more....
I new Ronnie Brissenden well, we went to the same high school; good guy.
Oh Brother was a great plug for BG music, need more of it.
My nick name back then was Banjo, give them all a big HELLO.
They were a great bunch.

Last edited by bgrasser; 10-10-2007 at 10:02 AM..

Old 10-11-2007, 04:30 PM

86 posts, read 11,846 times
Quote:
It looks like the feds have found out the pub location of many free staters.

Home (broken link)

Murphys Tap Room....
Yes, I recall seeing this bar on Youtube.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire