U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 11:10 AM

791 posts, read 2,197,957 times
Unfortunately the Libertarian Party has been hijacked by some nut jobs, just like you always tend to hear in regards to the Democratic and Republican parties. I can't identify with alot of Libertarians nowadays, including Ron Paul (in essence anyways). Maybe on a local scale, but not in a national election. I govern my principles in a libertarian fashion, but mostly I identify myself with the Constitution Party, a party much more in tune with reality. Remember too the last Libertarian candidate that ran for president (Badnarick) was adamant that we needed to overhaul our currency and print all new money....good grief.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 08:48 PM

2,706 posts, read 3,692,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryfry View Post
Just an FYI:

They currently have 8075 participants with 504 already moved into NH.
Good for them! That's not as bad as I thought.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown stuntman View Post
Remember too the last Libertarian candidate that ran for president (Badnarick) was adamant that we needed to overhaul our currency and print all new money....good grief.
Oh, I was with him on that. The Federal Reserve is a joke. Our money has value only because the government says it does. That's crazy! I'd much rather have a currency backed by something tangible and valuable, like gold and silver ... the way it used to be.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post

o and I've never tried to herd cats is it that hard?
I think it's not even humanly possible.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:52 PM

15 posts, read 49,299 times
Default Free State Project Good/Bad?

I've frequented the Free State Project website for over a year. I'm military so I actually live in a dictatorship fighting for democracy. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy my military career, but I'll be ready to store the uniform the minute retirement comes around. I'm all for life after the service to be as least governmentally controlled as possible. Everything I've read about the project seems pretty interesting, again its what is out there on the web. Does anybody have any solid first hand experience with this project-members? I'm not for the "cult thing" but if there is good information out there trying to help the average Joe to avoid getting his rights trampled, I'm for it.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:56 PM

15 posts, read 49,299 times
Default Fsp

Quote:
Originally Posted by studebaker View Post
Hello to the group, because of the FSP I am making my plans to move to NH. I'm not a card carry Libertarian but my similar views of non-viloence, less govenment, more personal freedoms and my belief to be involved in protecting citizens rights gaureentied buy both the NH and US Constitutions will cause me to be counted as one. Looks like there are those in these forums that may be ignorant of the FSP and will emphasize the 1%ers to judge all FSP members by. Thus it appears that I may become demonized but still I will be in NH soon, voting and fighting to uphold those guarantee. You may disagree but I believe that USA is here today because of approximately 1/3 of the population in 1776. Today I am proud to be the small percent aligned with the FSP.
Do you belong to FSP? Can you provide any insider info besides what is posted on the website? I'm all about what I read but need to walk a fine line while still on active duty.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:53 PM

4 posts, read 5,084 times
I too am planning to move to NH because of the FSP. Once I graduate, I want to settle in the Berlin or Lancaster area.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 AM

2,785 posts, read 4,458,896 times
Wow, this thread almost took on a life of its own. I stopped reading the City-Data forums for a while, but I want to start again. Guess I'm bored and looking for stuff to waste time on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoAdrian View Post
Getting 20,000 independent-minded libertarians to act as a movement would be harder than herding cats, I would think.
I think it's a worthwhile idea, but yeah, it's gonna be hard for them to bring in the numbers they need to have any influence on the govt. Living for Liberty in your lifetime sounds good on paper until you have to consider the logistics of giving up your current income and career to be a political pioneer and start over in another state.

They considered several states with low populations and compiled a good amount of data on them, which is how I found out about the Free State Project in the first place (while researching Idaho). They held a vote and for some reason New Hampsire won out, probably because of its low taxes. (I probably would have gone with one of the other states for reasons of scenery and recreation, but that's just me.)

Old 02-06-2008, 04:59 AM

33,256 posts, read 27,271,631 times
Maybe we should base a new currency on one of a "Power" metal like Uranium. At least this metal can do something useful like produce electric power or really loud explosions. Gold is only really useful for fine electric wiring, trinkets and teeth.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:53 AM

951 posts, read 430,636 times
Uh, Greg. I think you are losing it. Since you re-joined on 1/25 you have been posting an average of 10.85 posts per day. You need to take a break.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire