Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 01:38 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buck naked View Post
The Washington Post is reporting that the now infamous anti-tax, anti-Obama crazy tea-baggers were turned away this morning by officials. Their protest at Lafayette Square and the dumping of a million tea bags had to be scraped.
Wow-so people who are against never ending spending-on things mostly unconstitutional are "crazy tea-baggers"? How nice. I take it you got this originally from a blog since your link does not match the title of the WP article. And btw-the Lafayette square protest was in fact held-albeit smaller than they originally planned for.

I find it amazing that people-of all political patries by the way-who want to peacefully protest the out of control government of PRIOR and CURRENT administations are called "crazy". Name calling is so much more mature than debating with facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 01:41 PM

3,034 posts, read 9,138,851 times
The sad thing is the only people making out on these protests are Lipton, Tetley and COSTCO...

I'm glad DC didn't allow the protesters to dump a million teabags in the park, especially today, when it's damp and drizzly. Can you imagine what the tannic acid would do to the soil or how it would affect the animals and birds in the area?

add to that the bazillion jokes and comic routines over the term "teabagging" and the teaparty looks like it failed. I can only imagine tonight's maddow show.

Last night was too funny.

shouldn't all the protesters have dressed up as indians?

do you think the original Boston Tea Party planners got permits from the King?

Old 04-15-2009, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Wow-so people who are against never ending spending-on things mostly unconstitutional are "crazy tea-baggers"? How nice. I take it you got this originally from a blog since your link does not match the title of the WP article. And btw-the Lafayette square protest was in fact held-albeit smaller than they originally planned for.

I find it amazing that people-of all political patries by the way-who want to peacefully protest the out of control government of PRIOR and CURRENT administations are called "crazy". Name calling is so much more mature than debating with facts.

nicole - the link was not called that when I posted it - MINE says DC teabaggers and not the title that posted on this page - I did not write that, so don't blame me for the name-calling.

Old 04-15-2009, 01:46 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
nicole - the link was not called that when I posted it - MINE says DC teabaggers and not the title that posted on this page - I did not write that, so don't blame me for the name-calling.
Well we are all responsible for our own posts and there is something called an edit button.

Anyway- I am off to join the other "crazy Obama haters" in Manchester.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:02 PM

I have no problem with people carrying out peaceful protests....although if you try it near the statehouse you could be arrested.

I was against the unnecessary war that Bush put on a credit card.

Unless you make more than $250K, your taxes are not going up...

"And btw-the Lafayette square protest was in fact held-albeit smaller than they originally planned for."
a LOT less...possibly as many as 200 people...and they STILL don't know what to do with the teabags. Nobody wants to pay for the cleanup. Let's face it, the teabaggers have major news networks promoting the rallies and still can't get people to show up.

where were the protesters over the past 8 years when the spending was occurring at record rates? I suppose the lack of votes from republicans was a protest of sorts.

and don't forget if we don't pay our taxes, the troops are screwed...They don't survive on prayer alone.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM

371 posts, read 1,161,901 times
Quote:
Unless you make more than $250K, your taxes are not going up....
Right. Pay no attention to your utility bills, gas fill-ups, tolls, fees, sales taxes, insurance premiums, etc, etc.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:15 PM

the tea party rallies are basically a republican event -

it was sponsored by FreedomWorks, founded by former House Majority Leader, Dick Armey (R-Texas) and RNC Radio.com. The parties organized by friends of Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly.

the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender group is the only organization in Boston re-enacting the original tea party -- the internet says the expected 1,500 protester, but got maybe 500.

Still, 500 is pretty good. At today's rallies, angry people are gathering but they can offer no solutions.

A better idea is to crash the rallies and bring a BETTER message: STOP funding needless wars and Wall St., and start funding the needs of the people - healthcare, education and a green economy.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:19 PM

"Pay no attention to your utility bills, gas fill-ups, tolls, fees, sales taxes, insurance premiums, etc, etc."

I can't do anything about the state raising the toll prices, except I don't use those roads if I can help it.

My electric bill has clearly dropped compared to last years...gas is certainly less, there is no sales tax, and my insurance premiums have dropped slightly...

Old 04-15-2009, 02:20 PM

371 posts, read 1,161,901 times
Here's a solution for you.

Eliminate all government programs and offices not expressly called for under the US Constitution.

And just for you buck -- tell that warmonger Obama to stop funding and escalating this illegal war and subsidizing his corporate friends on Wall Street and in Detroit.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:37 PM

6 posts, read 134,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
Anyway- I am off to join the other "crazy Obama haters" in Manchester.
Gosh, how interesting that all these "tea baggers" are suddenly coming out now to attack Pres. Obama. Where were they as GW grew the govt. ever bigger???
King George "W" certainly did a good job (or maybe it was Rush) of making taxes the enemy. Where do you think govt. services come from????? Cut all the taxes and where ya gonna get roads / bridges / libraries / police / fire / parks / colleges / schools / water treatment / etc. / etc. / etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire