Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:25 PM

806 posts, read 2,960,222 times

Advertisements

Anyone in New Hampshire on this forum apart of the Free State Project?

Free State Project Home [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]

It aims to put 20,000 Libertarian minded people in New Hampshire to influence voting and create a free community.

Do you support the idea? Do you support the people? Do you actually know anyone who has moved to New Hampshire because of the Free State Project?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
We already ARE a free community. We are also remarkably parochial and will not welcome radical outsiders trying to change our politics or culture into something that suits them and not us.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Actually, we have a few Free Staters on this forum who post from time to time-hopefully they will chime in.

I moved here before the Free State project existed-over 10 years ago. I moved here for low taxes, personal freedom and personal responsibility. I agree with Free Staters on some things and I disagree with them on others.

Greg mentions radicals-well it is actually radicals-tax and spenders who want to take our personal freedoms away-who are sadly changing this once great state. A 17.5% budget increase and now a proposed of 11-14% increase. Gas tax, tolls, etc. increased. Many new fees and increases in fees. Taking away a private business owners right by imposing a smoking ban. Trying to enforce mandatory seatbelts-among many other things that have been floated around the NH state house. Now the nanny-staters in Concord are jumping on the Massachusetts bandwagon-once again and are proposing a texting ban-which is not necessary since we already have a Distracted Driver law here in NH.

I don't agree with every thing that the Free State project says or does but the radical tax and spend nanny mentality is much more of a threat to the great state of NH then the Free State project is.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 AM

371 posts, read 1,161,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Anyone in New Hampshire on this forum apart of the Free State Project?

Free State Project Home [ Free State Project - Liberty in Our Lifetime ]

It aims to put 20,000 Libertarian minded people in New Hampshire to influence voting and create a free community.

Do you support the idea? Do you support the people? Do you actually know anyone who has moved to New Hampshire because of the Free State Project?
The more the merrier. If you're one, please come and get involved in politics

Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
The budget "increase" was to correct an accounting gimmic where the Republicans put their favorite spending in the "off budget" catagory. Seatbelt laws are a favorite of the insurance industry as are motorcycle helmet laws. Both were rejected by the Democrats. I do not see any of my "personal freedons" being taken away by our current state government.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:58 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,328,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The budget "increase" was to correct an accounting gimmic where the Republicans put their favorite spending in the "off budget" catagory. Seatbelt laws are a favorite of the insurance industry as are motorcycle helmet laws. Both were rejected by the Democrats. I do not see any of my "personal freedons" being taken away by our current state government.
And you have been asked numerous times by numerous posters for proof that the budget increase was "needed" to correct a "gimmick" but have yet to provide it. However those posters did in fact provide proof that there was a 17.5% budget increase.

So is the proposed 11-14% budget increase currently going around the state house also a result of an " accounting gimmick"?

I suppose the tax and spenders can spend us into oblivion and you will continue to call it a result of an "accounting gimmick".

Personal freedoms are in fact erroded with out of control spending and increased taxation and new and increased fees. It is a shame you cannot see that.

Last edited by nicolem; 05-18-2009 at 10:14 AM..

Old 05-18-2009, 09:59 AM

625 posts, read 2,436,034 times
Huh...so you were okay with the other 55 taxes and "fees" the Democrats enacted over the past two years? The fact that the Democrats have:

--Proposed income taxes in the last two sessions
--Proposed luxury taxes last session
--Proposed making NH a "sancutary state" for illegals

Yeah, that's real responsible. Mass-lite. No thanks!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:00 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Quote:
The budget "increase" was to correct an accounting gimmic where the Republicans put their favorite spending in the "off budget" catagory.
GregW has been asked repeatedly to back up this allegation with some fact. Nothing has ever been offered except a reference to what a local Democrat politician told him. 17.5% is 17.5%. Come back with some facts or kindly ****

Old 05-18-2009, 04:23 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
The budget "increase" was to correct an accounting gimmic where the Republicans put their favorite spending in the "off budget" catagory. Seatbelt laws are a favorite of the insurance industry as are motorcycle helmet laws. Both were rejected by the Democrats. I do not see any of my "personal freedons" being taken away by our current
state government.
Give us a link for this gimmic ? We have been asking you for it forever, lol.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:14 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,036,022 times
hey,hey! we're getting OT here bashing Greg. Sure you all have beefs with his comments, but the question at hand was regarding the Free State Project.

I think we do all pretty much agree with Greg's initial statement that we're already 'free' (mostly) and like to keep it that way without the need for special politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire