U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-18-2009, 07:30 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,936,421 times

Advertisements

I see the websites updated, but I guess the realtors don't necessarily keep up with the updated websites spewing their names as contact info.

When the secretary says, "I'll put you into Brian's voice mail" and I leave a message, that's a sign that he's still working.

I was told by another agent that they don't get paid for rentals, so they won't call me back.

At least I know it is not me, when I get frustrated I tend to personalize things.

I have been checking the sun and citizen weekly, perhaps I should bump it up to daily. All I have been finding are winter rentals in this area, and we want to stay longer than May.

I'll keep digging, thanks guys!
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,147,586 times
good luck! I hope you find something soon.

Old 09-18-2009, 07:42 AM

4,055 posts, read 5,492,861 times
Kat,

Have you put your repair requests to the landlord in writing? In most states, he then has a certain period to respond and/or repair to code. if he doesn't comply, you can withhold rent......
read this...

Renting, Security Deposits, and Evictions New Hampshire Consumer's Sourcebook Consumer Protection - NHDOJ (http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/sourcebook/renting_security.html - broken link)

Old 09-18-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
Kat,

Have you put your repair requests to the landlord in writing? In most states, he then has a certain period to respond and/or repair to code. if he doesn't comply, you can withhold rent......
read this...

Renting, Security Deposits, and Evictions New Hampshire Consumer's Sourcebook Consumer Protection - NHDOJ (http://doj.nh.gov/consumer/sourcebook/renting_security.html - broken link)
yes, my mother in law has written each problem down and mailed it to him.

He was supposed to bring by a lease 4 months ago, but still hasn't for which I'm greatful for so we can leave if we need to.

I'll read this article though, and pass it along to my MIL since she only deals with the LL here.

Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM

816 posts, read 1,136,236 times
Boy, I remember that frustration! I had the same problem with realtors not calling me back about rentals when we were in NY and desperately trying to get to NH (and I'll remember those realtors when we buy a place). We have a dog too and it was really hard to find a place that would allow one. What made it even harder is that I must be the last remaining person on earth who still smokes and we don't want to live in apartments or condos or trailer parks or the burbs - we like our space.

I called all the "no dogs" ads anyway and offered them a generous deposit for the dog because I know she won't destroy anything. I called about houses that had been for sale for a while and asked if they were interested in renting. I searched all the local papers' classifieds online and finally found the place we're in now on Craigslist. It's a vacation rental, but the vacationers aren't booking so much now and the landlord decided to just rent it by the month. We actually wanted to move to Grafton County and ended up in Gilmanton, but at least we're close enough to go look at properties in Grafton now (it was 8 hours from our place in NY).

Check out Craigslist - you can search for just the pet friendly rentals. If nothing else, a vacation place that's being rented for the winter would buy you some time. I'll keep an eye open for you too and let you know if I see anything for rent in the area. There's a place around the corner from me with a For Rent sign, but it doesn't look like it's in great shape and I haven't seen anyone there in the year I've been here. I don't know if it's been properly winterized or not. But if you get desperate, I'll get you the number.

Oh, and Iron Out will help with the yellow from the well water.

Hang in there, something will come up!

Old 09-18-2009, 09:22 AM

10,175 posts, read 5,649,204 times
Call a real estate company and ask to speak to their newest agent (fresh out of school-if at all possible). The new ones, are the hungry ones.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:33 PM

I e-mailed that link u sent me Be Free, so I'll keep you updated thanks for the tip!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:50 PM

257 posts, read 391,757 times
Angel Guaron helped me out tremendously as a new buyer, and I think that she is just about the best in the seacoast/north shore area. Mike Scanlan is also very knowledgeable and helpful, though he has been focusing lately on commercial real estate. Both have been forthright and trustworthy, and both have stuck their neck out to help me in a jam.

Old 09-19-2009, 05:53 AM

816 posts, read 1,136,236 times
Good luck, Kat - hope it turns out to be the place for you.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxoccupancy View Post
Angel Guaron helped me out tremendously as a new buyer, and I think that she is just about the best in the seacoast/north shore area. Mike Scanlan is also very knowledgeable and helpful, though he has been focusing lately on commercial real estate. Both have been forthright and trustworthy, and both have stuck their neck out to help me in a jam.
I'll add them to my list, thank you so much!

Val sent me websites to see if we qualify for housing and programs to buy a house instead.

I called for them to send me brochures on their programs. Wish us luck guys, and thank you again for all of your suggestions.

CDF has helped us along in our lives to live here, and I can't thank you enough for your advice in a pinch again!
Kat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire