U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-24-2009, 05:39 PM

15,320 posts, read 21,178,619 times

Advertisements

Florida has been ruined by overdevelopment in much of the state.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 AM

38 posts, read 65,452 times
Thanks again everyone! We will be there for a month (end of Oct) and staying in Nashua (it has the Entended Stay) so we will check out all of the places mentioned.

Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,027,547 times
make sure to pick up any of the local papers you run across. DH likes to buy the local one, and picks up all those freebie ones he finds at businesses - gives a good idea of how the local area is doing.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:01 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,897,591 times
If money was not object, I'd easily move back to Brentwood, NH.

For some reason, I cringe when I drive through Manchester, so I'd have to say if you paid me, I couldn't sleep at night in downtown Manchester, and I would have to pass on living there.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:09 AM

239 posts, read 332,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by touretteboy65 View Post
I would PAY to live in New Hampshire!!!
I can't wait to PAY to live in New Hampshire. In fact, I would almost pay anything to live there today; however, California still gets to tax me to death and dictate everything I do for another 8 years.

Captjob

Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 AM

Places I would like to live in NH.

Carroll County

Places I would not like to live in NH.
Franklin
Manchester
Tilton
Pittsfield
Groveton
Berlin
Winchester
Newport

Old 10-06-2009, 10:38 AM

90 posts, read 415,309 times
If I had the money,Portsmouth,but since I have no money and 2500+ miles away, just an idle fantasy

Old 10-12-2009, 07:26 PM

3 posts, read 4,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjob View Post
I can't wait to PAY to live in New Hampshire. In fact, I would almost pay anything to live there today; however, California still gets to tax me to death and dictate everything I do for another 8 years.

Captjob

I'm with you. I'm in So. Cal and I miss Ol' NH more every day. Just a couple more years and we'll be able to move back, only now with kids.

I like the towns like Sandwich quite a bit, but I also love Portsmouth with all its history, quirkiness and beauty. I don't think I could live in Nashua or any other Little Mass town...

Old 10-14-2009, 11:10 PM
Zod

32 posts, read 47,378 times
Quote:
Places I would like to live in NH.

Carroll County

Places I would not like to live in NH.
Franklin
Manchester
Tilton
Pittsfield
Groveton
Berlin
Winchester
Newport

Just listing towns doesn't enlighten much. The questions require an addendum: Why and why not?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zod View Post
Just listing towns doesn't enlighten much. The questions require an addendum: Why and why not?
Franklin- unappealing town to the eye, water quality issues, dilapidated infrastructure.
Manchester- too big, don't like higher density levels
Tilton- too commercialized for a small town,
Pittsfield- not one person has explained to me why the town seems to be so economically depressed.
Berlin- Former mill town, has a very depressing vibe
Groveton- Same as Berlin except on a smaller scale
Newport- Sort of like Franklin with a good amount of dilapidated infrastructure and factories.
Winchester- very isolated with rural poverty issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire