Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:11 AM

7 posts, read 17,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolem View Post
You will not find a Philly cheesesteak anywhere in NH. You will find steak and cheese which is nothing like it at all.

The only real NY style pizza I have found in NH is at Elvios' with locations in Lincoln-where we go and they have a smaller location in N. Conway(both locations are up north). Most of the pizza in NH is Greek style pizza which is not like NY pizza at all. I have tried a lot of places around the state claiming to be real NY pizza and most are no where near it. The only other place that I have found that is halfway decent is Ken's West End in Portsmouth. I don't go out of my way to get them but if we are in Portsmouth we pick up a pie just because it is so difficult to get something resembling a NY pie up here. Elvios on the other hand we drive there-45 minutes away-specifically to get it because it is so good.

I know that they opened up a Pizzeria Reginia in the Mall of NH in Manchester. They are out of Boston and are also good pizza. We eat at the original one whenever we are in Boston and if we are in the Burlington MA mall we pick up a pie. I have never been to the one in Manchester so I don't know how the quality of that one is although I plan on trying it the next time we are there. They are not really a NY pie but they are thin with good sauce and cheese and cooked the right way and a pretty good pie.

THanks for all the info on pizza, nicolem! I'm originally from the city, so I was hoping there would be something that came close? Greek Pizza? It's just not the same, ehh? You mentioned Boston. Have you found any NY style pizza that way, that is the real thing? How far of a drive is Lincoln from Manchester? What about this place called caesario's in manchester? Is it any good?

I've also read that Dangelo's makes a good steak and cheese sub?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:12 AM

282 posts, read 1,186,154 times
The Puritan Backroom in Manchester is famous for their chicken fingers.....I never get anything else when I go there. They are a must have!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 09:28 AM

1,771 posts, read 5,065,875 times
Aside from what has already been mentioned:

Shira Kiku off Broad Street (130) in Nashua for amazing Korean and incredibly fresh Sushi (best quality fish I've ever hard).

Korean is a nice change from greasy/sugary chinese food as well, if you've never had it its worth a shot.

Owned by a really great bunch of people (family) as well.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:34 AM

758 posts, read 2,889,132 times
Quote:
De'anglo's is a chain in New England....and for a chain, it's not horrible but it's sort of like taking an out of towner to quiznos......

In NH you won't find cheese steaks but there are a lot places selling steak bombs...or steak bw-awmbs if you're a local. It's like a cheese steak but usually with steak tips and a few slices of salami along with the regular fix'ns.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:37 AM
SFT

79 posts, read 207,297 times
Quote:
I second Hart's. Although it is in the Lakes region and not southern NH, if you are ever in Meredith check it out-good food, real homestyle feel. I love their stuffing.
They are actually in Manchester now. Right off on 293 on Exit 5 I believe it is. It is a smaller location, but the food is still amazing.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoneg77 View Post
THanks for all the info on pizza, nicolem! I'm originally from the city, so I was hoping there would be something that came close? Greek Pizza? It's just not the same, ehh? You mentioned Boston. Have you found any NY style pizza that way, that is the real thing? How far of a drive is Lincoln from Manchester? What about this place called caesario's in manchester? Is it any good?

Lincoln, depending on where in Manchester would be around 1:30 or more-I guess. It takes me around 45 minutes from the Laconia area.

Dangelo's in my opinion is not good. It ranks up there with Subway, Quizznos, etc. I tried them all once and it was one time too many. However a lot of people like them so to each their own. I guess try them once and see for yourself.

Caesario's? I have never heard of it and we have friends in Manchester who are supposed to let us know if they find good pizza. I will check with them and find out.

My husband and I are always on the quest for good food and we take a lot of day trips and always try new places to eat around the state, so if I come across any new places, I will let you know.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT View Post
They are actually in Manchester now. Right off on 293 on Exit 5 I believe it is. It is a smaller location, but the food is still amazing.
Thanks-I forgot about that. I am glad the Manchester location has the same quality. I need to check the Manchester location out sometime.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
If you want really good burgers and omlets try the Rout 28 Roadhouse in North Londonderry on Route 28. The place is what it is; an old time diner with really good food.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:36 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,678 times
As AngelaK previously suggested here, the Puritan Back Room in Manchester is wonderful! GO there if you get the chance, it's that awesome there. Very reasonable, quaint, family owned I'm assuming, you can kind of tell. They have without a doubt the BEST chicken tenders I ever had in my entire life, you will go crazy over their special sauce they give you with them. It's a Greek owned restaurant and no matter what you get is quite good, you know, fresh, plenty on the plate and yummy looking! Here's their menu to see what I mean about it below. Also, there ice cream in the summer months is right outside too, how convenient is that! It is one place you have to put on your agenda. Good luck, you'll really love this one, I guarantee it!

The Puritan Restaurant

I've only had lunch at the Common Man in Concord, so I can't really suggest any other place. It was my first time dining there and I have to tell you it was extremely good. They just opened another Common Man restaurant in Portsmouth about 3 weeks ago or so and from what I'm hearing you can't get in the door the line outside is so long. So the next time you see a Common Man check them out, a lot of people like them. I can't wait to go to this new one in Portsmouth near me one of these days, may be when the lines to get in there die down a little.

The Common Man Family of Restaurants : Homepage

Old 09-27-2009, 07:58 AM

26,404 posts, read 46,566,000 times
Quote:
Lincoln, depending on where in Manchester would be around 1:30 or more-I guess. It takes me around 45 minutes from the Laconia area.

Dangelo's in my opinion is not good. It ranks up there with Subway, Quizznos, etc. I tried them all once and it was one time too many. However a lot of people like them so to each their own. I guess try them once and see for yourself.

Caesario's? I have never heard of it and we have friends in Manchester who are supposed to let us know if they find good pizza. I will check with them and find out.

My husband and I are always on the quest for good food and we take a lot of day trips and always try new places to eat around the state, so if I come across any new places, I will let you know.
The only thing I really like at Dangelo's is the hot meatball and chesse sub. Those are awesome on cold winter days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire