U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 09:46 AM

1,051 posts, read 1,148,171 times

Advertisements

Calling B.S. on the popo letting someone go for armed robbery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 12:15 PM

2,149 posts, read 2,984,812 times
Hmmm.... I wonder if the trailer park experience would have been any better in MA than in NH?

Old 09-30-2009, 12:39 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,148,171 times
Never lived in one, but that "Trailer Park Boys" show on TV101 is pretty damn funny.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:51 AM

51 posts, read 68,823 times
I HAVE to reply!!! I only seeing the ones who are offended are the ones who live in the mobile homes, now! I'm sorry if I offended. GE does have it's own well water, not using the town's,strangly. And, I'm not the kind of person to live in a mobile home in NH! I was brought up with morals,culture, religion,with loving neighbors.In a nice, friendly neighborhood. With no skulls, and with no dead cats under their house for weeks at a time! I whole incident about the police in Greenville, was crazy. They let the minor with the gun go to with his parents! And in my case with the car accident, I was shaken up, with the idiot coming up the street over the 20 MPH zone! The police arrive, and the idiot is like "Hey John" to the cop, and they shake hands. The guy who hit me than stands behind the cops for protection. Like they are relieve him. And after hearing my side of the story, with the guy rudly itirupting me...They decide it's my fault!! It's over with...That mobile home park was horrible! The Co-Op, most people in it! The reason I moved back to MA was because my father passed away of Lung Cancer and I wanted to be closer to my family. I didn't want to stay in NH...There are nojobs there, either. Not for hubby, anyway. Thanks for your input, everyone.

Old 10-14-2009, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Hmmm.... I wonder if the trailer park experience would have been any better in MA than in NH?

Worse!!! I would never do it!!

Old 10-14-2009, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
there are plenty of other places in Greenville, or New Ipswich you know. and if you prefer the size of a mobile home they aren't exactly limited to trailer parks since there is one right beside me on Mill St! did you complain at all to any of the selectmen? I only know Scotty - and only a little, but he was great with us.

Well water? You have a well? geez.. most of Greenville is on city water.

Ok, so you aren't happy in the trailer park (I wouldn't be either), doesn't mean you have to move back to MA though.
Neither places were for us. We didn't "perfer" the size of a mobile home. It was the fact that we could own our own home for really cheap!

We didn't look at the other ones. My hubby's aunt lived in this one, and it was closest to us.

Everyone knows everyone in small towns. They're not going to help people from MA....That's my point of view.
Oh, the Well Water is true...It's only for Greenville Estates...I know we had problem with it since we first moved in!! I'm not making it up!!! We would have brown water in all our sinks on out whites...A lot of our clothes got ruined...But, we used the city's water. But isn't Greenville a town? and I'm dumb, right? I've lived in the city all my life with city water, and Greenville Water (brown,with specks, tasting so disgusting) was nothing like City Water! Also, we had paper work all the time on how our "WELL WATER" was getting tested. So, problem solved.

Actually, there are a few reasons I moved back to Mass. My Dad passed away of Lung Cancer...My family wasn't happy in NH. Both our jobs were in MA...The only thing we did in NH was shop and I did horsebackriding. If we did it again, we would most likely move to Peterborough, Hollis..Somewhere more like us....

Old 10-14-2009, 04:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaComeHome View Post
I mean, can you imagine? People with a skull (never said what sort - there's laws regarding human remains...) on the roof of their trailer are going to have a problem overhearing something about a 'vampire'? in this day and age when Twilight is the most popular thing amongst teens and True Blood is all over HBO?!
It was a human skull....

Old 10-14-2009, 04:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
sterotypical Redneck-white trash who lives in a trailer park. Ok that does sound awful, but, aren't you living in a trailer park as well?
Yes, but we didn't know when we got into the park, it was going to be the sterotypical trailer park!! That's mainly what my post is about!!! We AREN't now, because we aren't that!! We were trying to save $$ by purchasing a new home, and it was to good to be true!!! We were moving from MA, which has maybe no mobile home parks to NH which has tons of mobile home parks....We didn't know... A lot of those people don't even realize what they look like. I had toadd that, because it's a total different world in that mobile home park...

Old 10-14-2009, 06:14 AM

33,875 posts, read 29,442,596 times
My wife and I lived in MHP in CT for 10 years when we were first married back in 1968. The place was a mixture of elderly, college students and some true redneck thugs. Nobody bothered my motorcycle that I kept on my concrete pad or the cars. Sometimes the place got a bit weird but not dangerous.

Shifting to fast forward a year ago, in Londonderry where we have lived for 3the last 25 years, a couple of kids were selling dope on the walk outside our kitchen window. My SO called the cops and was told by the responding officer that the police were aware that the 10 yr old kids were dealing but they were also "OK" kids and it was no big deal.

Yeah, I can believe your cop story. Glad you got out.

Old 10-14-2009, 01:37 PM

107 posts, read 177,308 times
I've never lived in a trailer park, but I will say that the 2 most expensive places that I've lived had the worst neighbor situations. When we lived in Burlington, VT on the grounds of a country club the kid across the street ( a house worth about $700,000) tried to pull a home invasion on my wife while I was out of town, and in a toney NH ski resort, I had to call the cops for constant domestic abuse problems next door. Money doesn't buy class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire