U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-07-2009, 01:45 PM

345 posts, read 604,731 times
Default Help!!! I'm Melting......

It's early October, and we're experiencing heat indexes of over 100 degrees here in Florida. Although I would love to live in New Hampshire year around, this time of the year is when I especially envy you all . Enjoy your pleasant temperatures while we swelter through another "fall." Bleh!!!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 PM

275 posts, read 897,185 times
I feel ya. last year this time I was enjoying apple picking, brisk nights, and mornings, roadside stands, pumpkins.....cider....all in the Monadnock Region of NH. Unfortunately I am now back in GA and today it's supposed to be 90. Is it really even October? Missing NH........bad.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:26 PM

32,939 posts, read 26,499,379 times
100 deg and saturation humidity. Wonderful. My sympathy.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:34 PM

1,383 posts, read 1,852,916 times
We really enjoyed our trip up to NH last week. The fall colors were the best! It got as cold as 34 degrees while we were in down in Keene.

Here in North Georgia, we are having a very cloudy and muggy "fall". We can't even walk in our yard without the mosquitos biting us. There are no fall colors to speak of either. Bleh. October is usually 'blue sky' time here with sunshine and low humidity.

I remember in FL, everytime I opened the door for trick-or-treaters, mosquitos would pour in. I had to track them down and swat 'em after each group. Yuck!!!

The only thing good about FL weather is late November - April when you finally get a break from the humidity.

Tourette, we should take a bet to see who gets up to NH first. LOL Our next trip is late December to get a feel for winter. (I'm nervous) We are meeting with an agent to see about putting our house up for sale next week. If we could find a job in NH next spring, not being able to sell our house here would force us to stay here, so we might have to sell while we can and just find a rental to wait it out. (I'm worried that buyers will really dry up if interest rates rise or the tax credit is not extended)

Old 10-09-2009, 12:42 PM

2,242 posts, read 4,042,140 times
The temps in NH are actually a bit colder than normal for this time of year. Not that I mind too much. But I still remember that glorious 70-degree day on Oct 11th last year... perfect day to go to the Sandwich Fair.

Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
100 deg and saturation humidity. Wonderful. My sympathy.
Actually, 105 degree heat index, but who's counting??? Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 PM

681 posts, read 735,252 times
23 degrees today, 12 degrees counting the wind chill here in North Dakota. Oh I just love the barren, windswept prairie. At this pace, I'll be thinking of volunteering for a 365 day deployment to the middle east....

Old 10-10-2009, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
23 degrees today, 12 degrees counting the wind chill here in North Dakota. Oh I just love the barren, windswept prairie. At this pace, I'll be thinking of volunteering for a 365 day deployment to the middle east....
Jeepers...still have all your fingers and toes?????

Old 10-10-2009, 07:21 PM

681 posts, read 735,252 times
The average high is actually supposed to be 59 degrees. We're just going through a cold spell. Trouble is, that cold spell will probably last through April, so we feel cheated when we get a spell of below average temps before its due. I hope it warms up a little for Halloween trick or treating!

Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM

9 posts, read 15,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveusaf View Post
The average high is actually supposed to be 59 degrees. We're just going through a cold spell. Trouble is, that cold spell will probably last through April, so we feel cheated when we get a spell of below average temps before its due. I hope it warms up a little for Halloween trick or treating!
Are you a former Pease AFB resident?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire