I'm looking at the affilates for the Yankees and end up being surprised to see that they are carried on the radio in DOver, NH which is a mere 60 miles NORTH from Boston.
I had a few questions
1) Why is this the case? How long has this been going on?
2) Since stations are in a business, which is driven by ratings and interest, do the Yankees hold a substantial enough of a fanbase in NH, or NY teams in general, which is why they have an affilate here?
3) In general, I am from Trumbull, CT which supports NY teams but went to college in Boston with all the Mass fans, I would love to be in the northeast and my best chance near Boston, but I can't stand the 200-3 bias which goes on. I can't have opinion without it taking 3 hours to resolve and part of me dies lol.
I would be overcome with joy if this somehow indicates in New England but outside the Boston area there are a lot of NY fans and it's not 200-3 therefore I can find a small niche with a similar passion.
4) Do the Yankees, Giants, Rangers, major NY teams have a following in NH, and if so, why since it's closer by a lot to BOS city?
5) Do they air games for the Yankees on Wednesday?
-What about when there is a conflict with the Pats, does another station pick it up?
6) How is the reception of 1270, do you get it deep into NH or ME, MA?