WTSN 1270, Why Does NH Get Yankee Games?
I'm looking at the affilates for the Yankees and end up being surprised to see that they are carried on the radio in DOver, NH which is a mere 60 miles NORTH from Boston.
I had a few questions
1) Why is this the case? How long has this been going on?
2) Since stations are in a business, which is driven by ratings and interest, do the Yankees hold a substantial enough of a fanbase in NH, or NY teams in general, which is why they have an affilate here?
3) In general, I am from Trumbull, CT which supports NY teams but went to college in Boston with all the Mass fans, I would love to be in the northeast and my best chance near Boston, but I can't stand the 200-3 bias which goes on. I can't have opinion without it taking 3 hours to resolve and part of me dies lol.
I would be overcome with joy if this somehow indicates in New England but outside the Boston area there are a lot of NY fans and it's not 200-3 therefore I can find a small niche with a similar passion.
4) Do the Yankees, Giants, Rangers, major NY teams have a following in NH, and if so, why since it's closer by a lot to BOS city?
5) Do they air games for the Yankees on Wednesday?
-What about when there is a conflict with the Pats, does another station pick it up?
6) How is the reception of 1270, do you get it deep into NH or ME, MA?