U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 02:40 PM

215 posts, read 341,375 times
Colebrook has 2200 people but we have the blessing of the bikes in the summer and the sno-deo in the winter. This group is very noisy, it sounds like CA-CHING. The money that is dropped into our little town is worth the aggravation. Each event brings in 10-20000 people who spend their hard earned money in our little. I say let them come .

Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 PM

1,524 posts, read 1,572,887 times
im a big road cyclist and can tell you that 90% of the time a motorcycle passes me, they make sure to try and scare the hell out of me. im used to it now so it doesnt scare me, but still annoying as ****. so i think its fair to say that for tthe most part, bikers are jerkoffs

Old 11-01-2009, 04:58 AM

2,102 posts, read 2,443,031 times
I thought bicycles were supposed to ride against the traffic, not with the flow of traffic. I've seen a few bicyclist bumped by cars down here. At least you have the winter season that you dont have to deal with those nasty bikers. If you happen to be out jogging watch out for those snowmobilers . They can be a rough bunch also.

Old 11-01-2009, 05:07 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,028,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
im a big road cyclist and can tell you that 90% of the time a motorcycle passes me, they make sure to try and scare the hell out of me. im used to it now so it doesnt scare me, but still annoying as ****. so i think its fair to say that for tthe most part, bikers are jerkoffs
When I am not harassing bicyclists or annoying quiet residential neighborhoods, I like to take a little quiet time and rob convenience stores and ravish your daughters

Now let's look at cyclists.

They run red lights
ride on the sidewalks meant for pedestrians
ride against the flow of traffic
Under aged rider regularly disobey the helmet law requirement
( how many times have you seen anyone cited for this btw? )
Do not use proper lighting for night riding
turn without signaling
Dart in front of you without warning
ride two abreast in the middle of the road
in general disobey and ignore most every rule of the road
Like moped riders, there are many cyclists out there who are riding simply for the reason
that they lost their drivers license because of a DUI, is it any wonder that most people
who do not cycle think that the majority are jerkoffs?
Now calling the majority of cyclists based on teh actions of a few simply is not fair, but it is the preception
of the public at large.

Last edited by CrazyDave; 11-01-2009 at 05:48 AM..

Old 11-01-2009, 07:14 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,585,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
I thought bicycles were supposed to ride against the traffic, not with the flow of traffic.
nah. pedestrians walk against traffic, so you can see them (hopefully they'll walk on the sidewalk if there is one, but a lot don't!). all wheeled traffic: cars, bicycles, motorcycles, mopeds.... (strollers exempt), is supposed to go the same direction and obey traffic lights and signs.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:01 AM

1,438 posts, read 1,947,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken E View Post
If you happen to be out jogging watch out for those snowmobilers . They can be a rough bunch also.
Snowmobile trails are for sledders. All other users should yield, its common sense.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:29 AM

1,153 posts, read 1,028,068 times
It just seemed fitting that there be an image to go with the title. Since I don't have any swarm pictures in my collection I had to rely on the net

Old 11-01-2009, 09:04 AM

1,886 posts, read 2,609,224 times
Bikers probably raise more money for charitable concerns than most groups. Bicyclists?? Not so much.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 AM

i think thats fairly accurate. however i dont think we fit the "yee haw" group, whose sole purpose is to act tough and annoy people

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
When I am not harassing bicyclists or annoying quiet residential neighborhoods, I like to take a little quiet time and rob convenience stores and ravish your daughters

Now let's look at cyclists.

They run red lights
ride on the sidewalks meant for pedestrians
ride against the flow of traffic
Under aged rider regularly disobey the helmet law requirement
( how many times have you seen anyone cited for this btw? )
Do not use proper lighting for night riding
turn without signaling
Dart in front of you without warning
ride two abreast in the middle of the road
in general disobey and ignore most every rule of the road
Like moped riders, there are many cyclists out there who are riding simply for the reason
that they lost their drivers license because of a DUI, is it any wonder that most people
who do not cycle think that the majority are jerkoffs?
Now calling the majority of cyclists based on teh actions of a few simply is not fair, but it is the preception
of the public at large.

Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Bikers probably raise more money for charitable concerns than most groups. Bicyclists?? Not so much.
source?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire