U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-16-2009, 01:51 AM

382 posts, read 439,125 times
Default Airport Taxi Rip-Off! (Manchester)

As someone who visits your state frequently, I have always had a good experience with people and places - until this week. I took a taxi from Manchester airport to a destination less than 3 miles away. I was grossly overcharged. Unfortunately, I neglected to get the license plate or company name of the taxi. However, upon my return to the airport 2 days later, I did report the incident to the Airport Administration. They told me it would be no problem to trace the driver/company since they have video at the exit gate, and I knew the approximate time. They were extremely appreciative that I reported the driver since they contract with the various taxi companies and obviously they want tourists to have a good experience and impression of NH. Meanwhile, I would warn anyone traveling by taxi at Manchester airport to stay away from an ivory-colored Lincoln Continental with a woman driver. Again, I do believe this was an anomaly - the people of NH are overwhelmingly honest, helpful and pleasant. My complaint was much less about getting my money back than it was to prevent this from happening to someone else.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2009, 06:22 AM

32,911 posts, read 26,410,850 times
I wonder if you took a registered cab or got caught by a free lancer with a car and greed.

FWIW - A & I Rented a car at the Albuquerque NM airport. The "airport access fee" added nearly $100 to the bill. The next time we visited NM we took a taxi for $12 to the downtown hotel and rented the car from the same company 3 blocks from the hotel. I will gladly take a cab to save $80.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:50 AM

2,990 posts, read 4,853,642 times
I was grossly overcharged.

what was the fee? I've never had a problem with Manchester's airport taxis.

Old 10-17-2009, 08:47 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,609,224 times
Catch on out of a NYC airport. The NH fees will look like a bargain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire