Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Best NH school district?
Bedford 8 38.10%
Hanover/Dresden 4 19.05%
Nashua 1 4.76%
Exeter 7 33.33%
Rye 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:22 PM

121 posts, read 561,631 times

Advertisements

Not just academically, but the whole package.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 07:05 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,566,204 times
From what I hae heard and the taxes I pay I would say Londonderry.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:46 PM

793 posts, read 3,116,115 times
Hard to believe it would not be Rye if we were talking up thru the 8th grade. The taxes are also very low, though of course good luck on your real estate hunt if your not Donald Trump. The problem also is that Rye students attend public high school at Portsmouth, and from what I understand PHS has been taking a big nosedive in recent years in many facets.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:54 PM

9 posts, read 40,620 times
I'm a mother of 2 also moving to NH within the next few months. There's a great site to check out schools called http://www.greatschools.net/. It rates schools based on test scores and has a lot of parent comments. In my research I'm finding that bedford has a great rating usually 10 out of 10. I haven't checked schools further north as we're looking to stay closer to mass. Best of luck.

Old 05-14-2007, 01:12 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,467,076 times
Bedford Does by far have the better school system in the state. The town has just pulled it's students out of Manchester High Schools and are putting them In there New High School, with top Notch teachers. Your taxes will show it. But it is a good investment. I know people with children there, who say it is better than Private schools, there kids have gone to.

Old 05-31-2007, 04:47 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,440,512 times
I'm surprised Hollis is not in the poll. Does anyone have feedback about Hollis vs. Bedford schools? Does Hollis not rank among the top NH schools?

Old 05-31-2007, 05:49 PM

3,712 posts, read 10,990,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
I'm surprised Hollis is not in the poll. Does anyone have feedback about Hollis vs. Bedford schools? Does Hollis not rank among the top NH schools?
When I went there it was considered a very good school, and looking at the school rating sites, it rates very highly. Hollis has an elementrary school, a middle school that is joint with Brookline as is the high school (not sure if there's 4th one or not). I know they built a new high school building a few years ago.

Old 06-01-2007, 11:39 AM

37 posts, read 154,873 times
Default Best nh school district

Hi there,

We currently live in Nashua, and although I think that the schools here are fine, we are planning to buy our new home in Bedford. Both the objective data and the people that we have spoken to have really lead us to believe that Bedford schools are our best choice in NH. I have heard wonderful things about Exeter too, but my husband works in Newton, MA a few days a week so the commute from Bedford is better. One of my husband's friends has four children in the Bedford school system and raves about the quality of education. Yes, the taxes are going to increase b/c of the new schools, but I feel like my tax dollars are well spent if my children get a great education and do not have attend private school.

Just my 2 cents.

Jana

Old 07-03-2007, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 15,609 times
Default Oyster River

I'm also surprised that Oyster River (Durham, Lee, and Madbury) is not on the poll. Taxes are quite high in these towns, but the schools are usually considered top notch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire